Help! Answers needed to questions for Intern in fall!

Emster8

Original Poster
Hi! I'm coming down in August for the fall internship and I had some questions that I was hoping could be answered!
1. Do I need to bring linens for the bed? What all should I bring..is it mainly clothes?
2. As far as their dress code goes, does that have to be inforced all the time? Like if I were to go to the parks one day or go to Pleasure Island could I wear what I wanted?
3. I've heard that bringing extra money is a big help. How much extra would you say is enough?
4. I'm working in one of their hotels...if you worked in one, could you tell me about it?
Thanks! Kacey

philsfan2185

Emster8 said:
Hi! I'm coming down in August for the fall internship and I had some questions that I was hoping could be answered!
1. Do I need to bring linens for the bed? What all should I bring..is it mainly clothes?
2. As far as their dress code goes, does that have to be inforced all the time? Like if I were to go to the parks one day or go to Pleasure Island could I wear what I wanted?
3. I've heard that bringing extra money is a big help. How much extra would you say is enough?
4. I'm working in one of their hotels...if you worked in one, could you tell me about it?
Thanks! Kacey
Hey Kacey, I'll be going down in August, when do u check in?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
1. I'd recommend your own linens, not sure if they supply any but i doubt they're cushy.

2. Dress code applies while you're being paid to work. What you wear in your free time is up to you.

3. I don't recommend putting money under your mattress, but if you have a bank account be sure to bring your debit/atm card ;) If not, consider opening one with one of the larger chains so that you have access to your funds if needed.

4. Hotels? You'll probably have an assigned costume - if you're at Wilderness you'll freeze to death (its always cold in the lobby for some reason) at Contemporary you'll hate your costume at the Grand you'll get sick of doilies. ;)

egionet

1. I would certainly suggest taking your own linens. I don't even think they provide them. Not to mention, I would never trust anything from Price Management (the company the runs the housing complexes)

2. Of course you can wear what you want on your own time. Disney isn't that strict!

3. Bringing extra money??? How about just bringing your debit card for your checking account and you'll be fine. You certainly aren't going to get rich on the CP, sorry. Expect to lose money while you are there. I know I did.

4. Two of my roommates worked hospitality and hated it. It was an excessive amount of training, for a job they just weren't into. Hopefully, you'll have a great experience and love it!

Good luck and have tons of fun!

BadTigger

Emster8 said:
Thanks! Kacey

1. Yes or buy them when you get down there, you should bring anything that makes you feel at home, you are moving into an empty appartment except for a couch some tables, lights and Bed. If your driving there bring a TV, you can never have to many TV's.
2.THe only dress cloths I had with me were some Dress pants and nice shirts, which I would wear to seminars and classes. Other then that they give you your work clothes and they clean them for you. As far as PI goes you can wear how much or how ever little you want.
3. YES YES YES, and don't open a bank account its not worth it, you make no money to save so why waste the time to open an account. I think Disney changed banks since I was there it was VIsta Credit, But I was able to go right to Vista Credit and cash the check, or you can go to the Publix Supermarket right around the corner(probally the best place to purchase your food, they had the best prices and have everything) and they will cash your check(but they take a few dollars service charge, nothing big I used it a few times when I couldn't get to the bank during open hours)
4. I have no idea, but just make the best of your time, don't forget your just there for a few months, don't take your job to serious and HAVE FUN. Thats somthing many regular CM's don't know how to have because they are stuck there. SO just have fun.

stitch82

welcome, emster8!

i haven't gone yet (yay august!), but a friend who is down there already said she had about $200 to tide her over until her first paycheck, but after she was getting paid she didn't need any extra money.

hope that helps!

schroder6452

I second mousermerf on the Grand costume. If you really love the color peach then may be you'll enjoy them :)

I opened an account with Vista FCU last Spring and it has been good so far. Just have a Savings and ATM and I have my checks Direct Deposited every week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom