hello everyone

cameronmouse

Original Poster
Hey guys I'm new and going down to disney in december. my wife and i are debating if we should bring his stroller with us or if we should just rent them while we're down there. any suggestions will help a lot. This is our first trip with the baby.

WickedQueen22

Take your own!

You can use the stroller in the airport, the resort, downtown disney and the parks. You save the money and time by not having to rent a stroller or stand in the rental line. The strollers at WDW do not recline also which is a must for younger kids.

We bought a luggage strap to secure our stroller at the airport. It will hold the stroller tightly together and help prevent damage. (Have you ever watched them load a plane?) You do not have to check it until you get to the door of the plane.

figmentmom

Take your own! Your little one will be more comfortable in the stroller he's used to, and you can easily fold it up and carry it on monorails, buses, etc. Downtown Disney and the water parks don't rent strollers at all, so you'd be carrying him around while you were there.

Plus, renting a stroller at Disney is EXPENSIVE!!!! :eek:

Have a great trip. :wave:

Chernabogfan

We took our own and it doubled as a carrier for the stuff you invariably pick up along the way. We took our first trip in January with the kids old enough to not need a stroller. I kinda missed the carrying capability.:veryconfu

coltow

Take your own!!! It gets very expensive to rent and they are not the most comfortable for little kids. I think they are meant more for older kids because they are quite big. You will be happy with your own, you can use it at airports and resorts and getting to/from buses. Your baby will be way more comfortable in his own. Plus you're used to it and know the ins and outs of it.

Bring something to it to make it stand out in a crowd. I tie a shoelace to it and also put a luggage tag on it. I do this so that in the sea of strollers I can find mine fairly easily.

LuxeMama

Hi there!

I was considering renting at one point because I didn't want the hassle of folding our double stroller up when we would board the buses. But considering, I think am going to take it instead, because it will be comfortable for our kids-- our baby who will be one and a three year old.

YodaGirl

There are some really good reasons to bring your own, but here's an idea...probably because I'm paranoid. :lol:

If someone steals your rented stroller, you just go and get another one (hang on to your receipt). If you brought your own, it's just gone...then you have to rent one, anyway.

I belive it's $10/day to rent a single stroller and $18/day to rent a double. There may be a slight discount if you just rent for the week (go to wheelchair rental each day to pick it up - just make sure to hang on to your receipt).

SAV

I belive it's $10/day to rent a single stroller and $18/day to rent a double.

Unfortunately, those are old prices. If I remember correctly, a double is $31 per day and a single is $17 per day. There is a small discount if you pay for multiple days up-front, but it's still very pricey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom