Hello All....I have a dining problem

snoble

Original Poster
Well it's not exactly my problem, it my sisters. She origionally had a room only reservation for 10 nights (she paid for it all up front about three months ago), and now she wants to change her room only reservation to a vacation package so she can add the tickets and the dining plan. when she called to do this, she was told she would have to pay for the entire package up front and be refunded the money she has already paid for her room only reservation after the new reservation has been secured. Is there any way around this? She really does not have the funds avaiable to do this now. She does have more than enough to pay the difference, which is what we thout she would be doing. Is there a way to refund her credit card before she pays for the new reservation. Or why can't they just transfer what she what she has already paid. She is leaving on 4/4 any ideas??????

Nemo14

Well it's not exactly my problem, it my sisters. She origionally had a room only reservation for 10 nights (she paid for it all up front about three months ago), and now she wants to change her room only reservation to a vacation package so she can add the tickets and the dining plan. when she called to do this, she was told she would have to pay for the entire package up front and be refunded the money she has already paid for her room only reservation after the new reservation has been secured. Is there any way around this? She really does not have the funds avaiable to do this now. She does have more than enough to pay the difference, which is what we thout she would be doing. Is there a way to refund her credit card before she pays for the new reservation. Or why can't they just transfer what she what she has already paid. She is leaving on 4/4 any ideas??????
I can't really help you with this, but our resident expert on such matters (JPVondrake) answered a similar question a few weeks ago:

If you book a room only reservation with a credit card your money cannot be transferred to a package, or vice versa. You will receive a full refund back to your card and will be charged a new deposit. As a courtesy, any cancellation fees that would apply will be waived. Modification fees may apply if changing from a package to a room only, but this is rare and only if the change happens within 44 days of arrival.

If you paid your deposit with a check, then the money can be transferred from a room only reservation to a package or vice versa.

Let me explain why...

When you book a room only reservation (12 digit reservation number) you are booking with the Central Reservation Office (CRO), a division of Walt Disney World Resort.

When you book a Vacation Package (8 digit reservation number) you are booking with the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company, but not part of WDW itself.

Both types of reservations can be made by the Disney Reservation Center by all agents, it is really a matter of where (which sub-company) your money is going.

Due to various credit card bank policies, money paid to one company cannot be transferred to another company, it must be refunded back to the credit card it was charged to, resulting in the need to refund and then re-charge your card.

To toss out another factoid, when you book a room only reservation online, (8 digit reservation number beginning with the letter R) you are booking with WDPRO, a division of the Walt Disney Travel Company. Due to system limitations, your money cannot be transferred to any other division, and we are very limited as to what can and cannot be modified on these bookings. In many cases you will need to be re-booked with either a new CRO or WDTC reservation resulting in a full refund of your deposit and a new deposit collected.

Last year we experimented with releasing the 2007 Basic Package (room plus free round of mini-golf booked through WDTC) very early on June 28, 2006, allowing Guests to book with WDTC before the 2007 Magic Your Way Packages were officially released on August 4, 2006. In this case, the money stayed with WDTC so no refund was needed. There is no word yet when we will be able to start booking the 2008 Basic Package.

You might want to PM him for further help..........

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
My suggestion is a call to her credit card company. The combined two different payments aren't going to be reflected on the card for very long [Disney processes the credit quite quickly], but if it maxes out her card it would be a problem. If she explains the situation to the credit card company they can temporarily increase her limit, knowing the credit is coming.

If her limit will cover both amounts temporarily, then it's less of a problem. So long as the new booking and the credit are posted in the same billing cycle, she'll never have to pay for both. Even if the new booking shows up on one bill and the credit on the next, she could reduce her payment on the first bill by the amount of the credit, both payments would certainly be posted before the bill payment deadline.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor

Since she had the room only and is going to re-book it as a package, yes the money for the room only does have to be refunded. There isn't any way around it. Room only reservations and package reservations are two totally different entities as JP explained in his post. Since she is leaving on 4/4 which is inside of 45 days prior to her arrival which is when the final payment for a package is due (45 days prior) yes, she must pay for it in full.

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom