Height restrictions

Cattyb

Original Poster
Sorry if this post comes across as pedantic it’s not intended to be. In the parks are the height restrictions measured in inches or cm? The app says 40” (102cm) but the latter is almost a half centimetre larger. My little is 4 and that half cm could determine which fast passes we can/should book as she will be just on the cusp.

Rob562

Sorry if this post comes across as pedantic it’s not intended to be. In the parks are the height restrictions measured in inches or cm? The app says 40” (102cm) but the latter is almost a half centimetre larger. My little is 4 and that half cm could determine which fast passes we can/should book as she will be just on the cusp.

In park it's inches.

They're not going to put "101.6 cm", instead they round up.

-Rob

Cattyb

Original Poster
In park it's inches.

They're not going to put "101.6 cm", instead they round up.

-Rob
No I understand that, I was just checking what the measuring stick was so I didn’t waste fastpasses and in uk it’s all in cm’s/m’s

Cattyb

Original Poster
And I imagine she would as it will be close. Do you know if you can get either a hand stamp or band so they don’t have to be measured at every ride?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And I imagine she would as it will be close. Do you know if you can get either a hand stamp or band so they don’t have to be measured at every ride?
No. They will be measured on every ride, sometime multiple times on the same attraction.

dreamfinder

Since no one else has done so yet, will throw out the obligatory if they are just over the height, go first thing. Your spine compresses slightly as the day goes on, so you do shrink slightly. Also make sure they know what the CM is going to do, some kids purposely try to avoid hitting the stick, but here bumping into the stick is a good thing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Since no one else has done so yet, will throw out the obligatory if they are just over the height, go first thing. Your spine compresses slightly as the day goes on, so you do shrink slightly. Also make sure they know what the CM is going to do, some kids purposely try to avoid hitting the stick, but here bumping into the stick is a good thing.
My youngest did that very thing. She would crouch to get under the stick and we had to tell her that she had to bump her head to ride.

Cattyb

Original Poster
Yes I will need to practise. I suspect she, like my eldest, has asd. So will take the time to prepare her.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

My youngest did that very thing. She would crouch to get under the stick and we had to tell her that she had to bump her head to ride.

You guys are amazing! Thank you for this tip! We'll practice before we go.

correcaminos

And a big hairdo/bow can do!
I wouldn't count on that. I've seen bows squished and not counted.

We always would hold my son's head up for him in our hands since he's a croucher. Even at the doctor's office. In fact a nurse have me that idea years ago so we still do it. No need for rude anymore though

Weather_Lady

Properly trained staff at amusement rides know to look for these tricks and exclude riders who attempt to circumvent the minimum height requirement.

I can understand cast members keeping an eye out for kids in 4" platform shoes and beehive hairdos, but the difference we're talking about here is half a centimeter -- less than the width of your average #2 pencil, for a child who already meets the height requirement if measured in inches, but happens to fall shy by 5mm if it's measured in full centimeters. If she's half-a-centimeter shy in sandals but meets both requirements in sneakers, I don't see putting her in sneakers as a "trick . . . to circumvent the minimum height requirement." It's simply the more advantageous of two legitimate footwear choices.

Last edited:

21stamps

Try on different shoes and measure with each pair.. have child wear the pair that make them the tallest :)

We had to do this for the bulk of the summer.. I always kept a spare pair of sneakers in the car in the event that we were out and about and kiddo was wearing flip flops.

21stamps

A half-centimeter difference is nothing for which a pair of chunky-heeled sneakers can't compensate.
I can understand cast members keeping an eye out for kids in 4" platform shoes and beehive hairdos, but the difference we're talking about here is half a centimeter -- less than the width of your average #2 pencil, for a child who already meets the height requirement if measured in inches, but happens to fall shy by 5mm if it's measured in full centimeters. If she's half-a-centimeter shy in sandals but meets both requirements in sneakers, I don't see putting her in sneakers as a "trick . . . to circumvent the minimum height requirement." It's simply the more advantageous of two legitimate footwear choices.

Didn’t read this until after my comment. You’re exactly right. A kid in sneakers is not going to throw a red flag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom