Health Insurance For CMs?

bamboo7

Original Poster
I was just wondering what types of health insurance programs are offered for CMs. Are they available to any cm? at what cost? Please give all the details you can. thanks

Monorail Lime

Medical benefits are only available to full time cast members but they are supposedly really good. I know some retirement age cast members who say their biggest motivation for working at WDW is the medical benefits.

I can't find any specific info on the web but you might want to ask the Walt Disney World JobLine at (407) 828-1000.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney (at least WDW) has one of the BEST benefits packages out there. For $2 a week, I get full medical, dental, vision, and psych coverage. Also, my car insurance is payroll deducted from my paycheck. As for prescriptions.. I pay a copay

TravisMT81

that is sorta what they are well know for and tout is their benefits. Do you know if that includes prescriptions???

Dawn S

Funny, when I was being hired, my recruiter asked me why I wish to work there in the way that I am (especially considering I've never made so little pay & for the last 5 years, I've had only management level positions). I responded "...the perks & benefits. I doubt anyone would come here for the paycheck". To my amazement, he actually acknowledged the validity in that statement. :lol: Too bad I'm only part time at the present. :mad:

cm1988

Signature benefits

Originally posted by TravisM
that is sorta what they are well know for and tout is their benefits. Do you know if that includes prescriptions???
Prescription co-pays depends on the plan (HMO or Point-of-Service) that you choose. My co-pays are $6 for a 30-day supply of any prescribed medication.

Maria

I think I remember I chose the basic HMO plan and I had one visit to the eye doctor included with it. No dentist I think... but again, I was just going to be there for 15 months and home was close and I had just gone to the dentist before I left for Orlando. ;)
The only time I used my insurance was when I had bronchitis, and I paid $5 for the doctor´s appointment, and $5 for each medicine I was prescribed. Since I had to take three different ones, the total was $20usd. Not bad... :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom