Heads up on Aquatica

dox

Thanks for the heads up and advice! Wow! Man that is busy!:eek: Its part of my niece's bday gift/vacation. I was disappointed I wasn't going but now I'm so glad i'm not going.

Rabflmom

Original Poster
Get there as close to 9 AM as you can, or head over around 4PM. If you go mid morning, you'll get stuck going to see Shamu (which isn't bad, but it's no waterpark).

Wondering how waiting till 4 and the afternoon showers have been working out there. For example yesterday in the afternoon BB even had hail and they were scrambling to get everyone to safety while the park was closed there. Does anyone know how they handle the afternoon closures during storms at Aquatica? Is there enough indoor areas to get out of a storm? Do they reopen after the storm passes?

crazydaveh

Wondering how waiting till 4 and the afternoon showers have been working out there. For example yesterday in the afternoon BB even had hail and they were scrambling to get everyone to safety while the park was closed there. Does anyone know how they handle the afternoon closures during storms at Aquatica? Is there enough indoor areas to get out of a storm? Do they reopen after the storm passes?

They do get everyone out of the water when lightning is within five miles of the park. There is a lot of indoor space at the main eatery, plus, there are areas to hang out in near the lockers and restroom/changing facilities.

When I said 4pm, I didn't mean, wait till 4:00 on the dot and go in, it was more of a reference time. I go a lot around 6pm and have the park to myself after 7:30 or so. It's nice at night, plus, you can sit on the beach and watch the fireworks from Shamu's house at 10.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom