Headcannon Pitched A DARKWING DUCK Video-Game To Capcom But Were Turned Down

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
https://toonado.com/cartoons/headca...apcom-but-were-turned-down-check-it-out-a1173

The Sonic Mania video-game is an awesome, retro love-letter to the beloved Sonic games of old and it turns out that the studio behind it planned to make a Darkwing Duck game of a similar style.

Headcannon recently unveiled their unfinished side-scroller based on the iconic animated series from the early 90s. A video has been published (which you can watch below) which shows off the game in-action. Unfortunately, the studio has already pitched the game to Capcom and were turned down - and that's baffling given the reception the gameplay has gotten.

Aaron Sparrow, who served as writer for Darkwing Duck, recently discussed the project on Twitter (@Aaron_Sparrow): “Last year, [Disney comics artist; James Silvani] & I were involved with brainstorming a Darkwing Duck Video Game with [Headcannon]. It would have had animated art by James, and v/o by as many of the original cast as possible. Sadly, Capcom passed on it, but you can see a bit here."

Sparrow went on:

It was conceived as a spiritual successor to the original NES game (unless Capcom wanted to go full DuckTales Remastered with it.) It was planned to take place between the show and The Duck Knight Returns, with Steelbeak, Taurus Bulba, and the Fearsome Five as the villains.

Each character would be pixelated from James’ art, and each level would be bridged by a chapter break, presented in motion comic form, with full voiceover and sound effects. And yes, you’d have gotten to fight Wolfduck.

[Headcannon] were great to work with; not only was I able to guide the story, but they even involved me in level design and gameplay mechanic discussions. It was truly one of the most incredibly collaborative experiences I’d ever been honored to be a part of.

erasure fan1

https://toonado.com/cartoons/headca...apcom-but-were-turned-down-check-it-out-a1173

The Sonic Mania video-game is an awesome, retro love-letter to the beloved Sonic games of old and it turns out that the studio behind it planned to make a Darkwing Duck game of a similar style.

Headcannon recently unveiled their unfinished side-scroller based on the iconic animated series from the early 90s. A video has been published (which you can watch below) which shows off the game in-action. Unfortunately, the studio has already pitched the game to Capcom and were turned down - and that's baffling given the reception the gameplay has gotten.

Aaron Sparrow, who served as writer for Darkwing Duck, recently discussed the project on Twitter (@Aaron_Sparrow): “Last year, [Disney comics artist; James Silvani] & I were involved with brainstorming a Darkwing Duck Video Game with [Headcannon]. It would have had animated art by James, and v/o by as many of the original cast as possible. Sadly, Capcom passed on it, but you can see a bit here."

Sparrow went on:

It was conceived as a spiritual successor to the original NES game (unless Capcom wanted to go full DuckTales Remastered with it.) It was planned to take place between the show and The Duck Knight Returns, with Steelbeak, Taurus Bulba, and the Fearsome Five as the villains.

Each character would be pixelated from James’ art, and each level would be bridged by a chapter break, presented in motion comic form, with full voiceover and sound effects. And yes, you’d have gotten to fight Wolfduck.

[Headcannon] were great to work with; not only was I able to guide the story, but they even involved me in level design and gameplay mechanic discussions. It was truly one of the most incredibly collaborative experiences I’d ever been honored to be a part of.

Well Disney is missing out on a huge opportunity in the video game space. I get they don't want to do it themselves but farming it out to developers (except EA) who want to use an ip is a great way to go. Iger is quadrupling down on streaming yet video game revenue dwarfs streaming. Oh well, maybe someday after Iger we'll get some real Disney video-games.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom