Having more than 1 ticket on account at a time?

durangojim

Original Poster
Here's my dilemma I have a 1 day park hopper which I plan to use on a Saturday. I have fps set up for that day already. On the day before (Friday) we plan to go to Epcot for the evening and to utilize emh. I need to purchase a 1 day non hopper ticket to do so I can make fps for that night. What I'm wondering is how do I designate that I want to use the non hopper on Friday and the hopper on Saturday? I'm afraid if I deactivate the Saturday hopper it will cancel my fps. Thanks if anyone knows.

Rob562

I haven't done it personally, but from what others have said, here's how the system is *supposed* to work:
When you have two (or more) active tickets on your profile at the same time, the system will ask you to assign a "priority" order to them. Essentially you're putting them in the order that the admission system will use them when you try and enter the parks.

There were reports VERY early on in testing last year of problems with the system to the point that CM's were actively telling people (including friends of mine) to only link one ticket at a time, but that was back in August/September. I haven't read anything about problems in months regarding this priority, so I have to presume it's all been fixed.

What I'd do would be to buy the second ticket, set the priority, make your FP+ choices and then after you enter your first park, stop by Guest relations and have them double-check that the proper ticket was used for entry that day.

-Rob

durangojim

Original Poster
I haven't done it personally, but from what others have said, here's how the system is *supposed* to work:
When you have two (or more) active tickets on your profile at the same time, the system will ask you to assign a "priority" order to them. Essentially you're putting them in the order that the admission system will use them when you try and enter the parks.

There were reports VERY early on in testing last year of problems with the system to the point that CM's were actively telling people (including friends of mine) to only link one ticket at a time, but that was back in August/September. I haven't read anything about problems in months regarding this priority, so I have to presume it's all been fixed.

What I'd do would be to buy the second ticket, set the priority, make your FP+ choices and then after you enter your first park, stop by Guest relations and have them double-check that the proper ticket was used for entry that day.

-Rob
Thanks, I figured there must be some kind of mechanism for this, but I wasn't sure.

Karenb64

Thanks, I figured there must be some kind of mechanism for this, but I wasn't sure.
The difference between buying a separate one day ticket and adding a day to your one day park hopper is only $10.00. If there is a chance you would have a problem or couldn't set up your fps ahead of time because you needed to wait to link second ticket you may want to spend that extra $10.00 to make sure everything goes smoothly and you get what you want. You should be able to link the ticket you have and then call Disney to ask them to add on a day. As a TA getting use to the new system, I've called a couple of times now and asked to add a day in and it shows up in MDE with no problem.

durangojim

Original Poster
The difference between buying a separate one day ticket and adding a day to your one day park hopper is only $10.00. If there is a chance you would have a problem or couldn't set up your fps ahead of time because you needed to wait to link second ticket you may want to spend that extra $10.00 to make sure everything goes smoothly and you get what you want. You should be able to link the ticket you have and then call Disney to ask them to add on a day. As a TA getting use to the new system, I've called a couple of times now and asked to add a day in and it shows up in MDE with no problem.
Thanks for the advice. For the 4 of us the difference in price between buying a 1 day EPCOT ticket, and adding an extra day to our park hopper was over $60, which could buy a lot of Mickey Premium bars:D so I bought the EPCOT tickets online this morning. I was able to make FPs for that night and both of the types of tickets show up in my profile. The only thing I can't figure out now is how to set a priority so we only use the EPCOT ticket on Friday night, and the park hopper on Saturday. I'll probably have to call Disney to figure that out.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Disney, they said that the front desk at the WL, where we're staying, should be able to prioritize the tickets (I doubt it) or at guest services at the parks. I'm anticipating a headache already. She said there's no way for me to do it or ever her to do it on her end (strange).

Last edited:

Karenb64

Thanks for the advice. For the 4 of us the difference in price between buying a 1 day EPCOT ticket, and adding an extra day to our park hopper was over $60, which could buy a lot of Mickey Premium bars:D so I bought the EPCOT tickets online this morning. I was able to make FPs for that night and both of the types of tickets show up in my profile. The only thing I can't figure out now is how to set a priority so we only use the EPCOT ticket on Friday night, and the park hopper on Saturday. I'll probably have to call Disney to figure that out.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Disney, they said that the front desk at the WL, where we're staying, should be able to prioritize the tickets (I doubt it) or at guest services at the parks. I'm anticipating a headache already. She said there's no way for me to do it or ever her to do it on her end (strange).
I'm sorry it's looking like this is going to be a problem. This is not the way anyone wants their Disney vacation to go. I think we are going to find more of these little "headaches" as people continue to operate under the new system. I called I.T. the other day about how to do online check-in for a family group of 19 (four room reservations)that I had set up on one MDE account. They were set up that way because I.T. had advised that was the best way to do it. Well, I can only check-in the account holder and the I.T. guy kind of acted like he didn't know what to do, but then gave me an old website to basically try to use the old system to check in the rest of them. In the end he tried to convince me that it wouldn't be a big deal if the others were not able to do on-line check-in, but I know that being able to go through that express line when we arrive has made a significant difference in the amount of time it takes to check in. Good luck! If you learn anything through this process let the rest of us know.

Karenb64

I'm sorry it's looking like this is going to be a problem. This is not the way anyone wants their Disney vacation to go. I think we are going to find more of these little "headaches" as people continue to operate under the new system. I called I.T. the other day about how to do online check-in for a family group of 19 (four room reservations)that I had set up on one MDE account. They were set up that way because I.T. had advised that was the best way to do it. Well, I can only check-in the account holder and the I.T. guy kind of acted like he didn't know what to do, but then gave me an old website to basically try to use the old system to check in the rest of them. In the end he tried to convince me that it wouldn't be a big deal if the others were not able to do on-line check-in, but I know that being able to go through that express line when we arrive has made a significant difference in the amount of time it takes to check in. Good luck! If you learn anything through this process let the rest of us know.

Karenb64

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom