Have you ever cancelled a trip?

Britt

Original Poster
What kinds of things would you cancel a trip for?

We've recently had to consider it for our Sept-Oct trip...really hoping things are going to get pulled together for this one! LOL

MaryJaneP

For us, it was a health issue. Just a warning, not all insurance covers all health cancellations. We tried Allianz. Not again.

Britt

Original Poster
For us, it was a health issue. Just a warning, not all insurance covers all health cancellations. We tried Allianz. Not again.
Oh we haven't even booked anything at this point!!

Did you end up actually cancelling it or just having to consider it? :( The vacation insurance didn't cover the issue, so were you out money? That is absolutely horrible!!!!

Disneydreamer23

I had to Cancel I made a Trip for Sept 2013 While I was there in Sept 2012 But then ended up getting pregnant in Disney and Disney With a 4 month old for 2 weeks wasn't happening for me but we are going this September :)

RoyWalley

Yes, we had to cancel a trip that we had planned in 2009. Thank goodness we took the insurance that was offered. We got every penny back. We booked to trip in Feb. and the plan was to go in August. I got an illness where we had to cancel the trip in July. We had to supply a doctors report to them, and then they refunded the money onto the credit card that we paid it on.

That was the 1st time we ever took to insurance and the only reason we took it was because my wife's father was not doing to good. Anyways, it turned out i had a little situation and we had no problems at all getting the refund.

Club34

Had to cancel a solo week at AKL just 3 weeks ago due to a burst pipe in my house 4 days before wheels up. To add insult to injury, I had just remodeled my home.

Sweet Melissa

We canceled a trip once for my husband's career. He got a job that required us to move 2,000 miles away the same week we were supposed to be staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

Allygator

September 2013's trip because of a car accident with my new car. I rebooked for May this year. I was extremely ill from October through January. I had no energy. I was having a hard time walking distances due to being in bed so long. I was put on some temporary medication and my health is getting better (of course after I cancelled). I really was wondering if I made the right decision but as of lately I think I have. I'm no longer on medication and I can feel my thyroid problems coming back. My daughter has had a cronic ear infection and now has an appt for an ENT and may have to have tubes. She's already missed 7 days of school and they only allow 10 days. So I guess I made the right decision. Lol. It kills me as our would be trip is getting closer. Now I'm hoping for September 2015. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope it works out for you.

copcarguyp71

Was planning on booking a bounceback on our trip last Sept for a trip this October to take a "bucket list" trip staying at the Contemporary in a park view room...wife, kiddo and I all agreed that we were burnt out on the world and wife and I decided there was not enough that we felt we got out of the trip for our dollar so we called it off. I am disappointed to this day but even if we booked the trip today I still think that the trip could not live up to our expectations based on memories from past trips.

Just our own personal experience though...results may vary lol.

draybook

We cancelled our September trip for 2010 because my daughter was given the impression that she would be off of the squad if she missed 2 weeks of cheer practice. It was less than 45 days' notice and I was ed to say the least. Just a little back story on that. The girl that was the main flyer(ie the center girl) was given preferential treatment and she was a little brat. She constantly made simple mistakes that once we got to the big competitions would cost us medals. Anyways, we cancelled our trip for that year but we did go there in the following March for the UCA finals. Well, guess which kid ran amok the nights before the performances? Yeah, and guess which kid cost us the 1st place finish?

Ok, rant over. So, we cancelled our trip for September 2010 and we're going to cancel this years' bouceback offer for September, as we will be going to Disneyland. I was very upset about 2010, but not so much this time. I'm a little bummed for sure, but I think some time away from each other will be good for our relationship.

Britt

Original Poster
We cancelled our September trip for 2010 because my daughter was given the impression that she would be off of the squad if she missed 2 weeks of cheer practice. It was less than 45 days' notice and I was ed to say the least. Just a little back story on that. The girl that was the main flyer(ie the center girl) was given preferential treatment and she was a little brat. She constantly made simple mistakes that once we got to the big competitions would cost us medals. Anyways, we cancelled our trip for that year but we did go there in the following March for the UCA finals. Well, guess which kid ran amok the nights before the performances? Yeah, and guess which kid cost us the 1st place finish?

Ok, rant over. So, we cancelled our trip for September 2010 and we're going to cancel this years' bouceback offer for September, as we will be going to Disneyland. I was very upset about 2010, but not so much this time. I'm a little bummed for sure, but I think some time away from each other will be good for our relationship.
I am sooooooo excited for Disneyland. It's going to be a totally different world for us, I think! Being able to off site....drive easily to the beach, go from park to park WALKING? So many things! I can't wait to go!

PLEASE take tons of pics on your trip and remember every little thing and then come back and tell me ;) haha (you're going in Aug, right? 2 months before me!!)

Britt

Original Poster
September 2013's trip because of a car accident with my new car. I rebooked for May this year. I was extremely ill from October through January. I had no energy. I was having a hard time walking distances due to being in bed so long. I was put on some temporary medication and my health is getting better (of course after I cancelled). I really was wondering if I made the right decision but as of lately I think I have. I'm no longer on medication and I can feel my thyroid problems coming back. My daughter has had a cronic ear infection and now has an appt for an ENT and may have to have tubes. She's already missed 7 days of school and they only allow 10 days. So I guess I made the right decision. Lol. It kills me as our would be trip is getting closer. Now I'm hoping for September 2015. Keeping my fingers crossed. I hope it works out for you.
That is so horrible :(

That would sooooo kill me too! I'd almost be like OOOOOH WELL, WE'RE GOING! Mays the end of the year anyway, right? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom