Have crowd levels been more/less/or the same as predicitons this month?

happymom52003

Original Poster
It seems like lately (especially March) crowd levels were higher than many thought they would be. What have they been like in the last couple of weeks? Are they about the same as they usually are this time of year, or have they been higher or lower?

MissM

I was pleased with crowd levels last Saturday (the 16th) for my birthday. We hit three parks and though it was busy, it wasn't crowded. At noon, we waited about 40 (of a posted 50 minute) wait for Toy Story Mania and the FP return was something like 5pm-6pm. Later in the evening, HM and Pirates were both walk-on at MK and Big Thunder was about a 25-30 minute actual wait. Touring Plans had it at a "9" but it was much less busy than previous visits earlier this year. (Days they said it was a "7" were WAY more busy.)

So I don't know. I was pleasantly surprised that it was less busy than the predicted "9" would have indicated and I felt like we got a lot done across three parks.

pixel-dust

For a SWW Saturday holiday weekend, I didnt think it was too bad. The morning crowds were highest, and at 9:30 our FP for TSM was for 3:30.
The weather held for the most part. Little rain just before the 11:40 parade. Not too hot but hair curling humid. By 5 pm the place was really empty.

Happy B-day Miss M!

DizneyPryncess

May 11th-18th, crowds were less than the predicted 8's & 9's. Toy Story was a 35 minute wait midday. We waited 75 minutes to meet the fairies, and that was the longest wait by far that we saw. Most of the attractions were 10-30 minutes.

Very pleased :)

happymom52003

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! I'm just trying to get a feel for what the crowds are going to be like in a couple of weeks. I'm a bit nervous about the crowds because it will be the first time we've gone to WDW during the summer.

shaelyn

May 19-24 crowds were moderate. Never waited more than a posted 20 minutes (actual 10 or less, many things being walk-on) for anything except the Tomorrowland Speedway. Longest waits I saw were for TT and Soarin at Epcot -- about 60 min and 80 min, respectively.

Of course, the weather may have had somehting to do with the lower crowd levels, but I like to think it was good planning and good ol' luck on my side, too :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom