Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Haunted Mansion, California

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Haunted Mansion, Tokyo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Empress Lilly

I have not seen the Asian mansions.

WDW Mansion beats DL Mansion by a narrow (make that marrow for spookiness) margin.

WDW Mansion vs DLP Manor is more difficult.
Con Manor:
I never really cared for the Manor ending all that much.
Pro Manor:
The music is haunting
The bride features more prominently
It has grown on me how the Manor is connected with the rest of the land, storywise
The outside grounds are gorgeous and eerie. Few places in WDW match standing on the porch of the Manor at night, nearly alone as one still can at DLP, overlooking Frontierland, a cold wind blowing, wolves howling in the soft rain

Con Mansion:
I love the WDW building, but it is obscured behind two misplaced trees, and a canopy
The queue is nowadays a McDonald's playland
The ending gag is ruined with needless plussing that destroyed the playful joke
Giftshop
Pro Mansion:
Best ride itself

FettFan

You really cant compare the Mansions with Mystic Manor or Phantom Manor.

Overall, Mystic Manor has the best ride system (one that I hope could be replicated into an Imagination! pavilion refurb, despite folks saying it would be impossible and the building would have to be completely torn down to make it happen), WDW's Haunted Mansion has the best exterior, DLR's Haunted Mansion has the Hatbox Ghost, and Phantom Manor has the more "adult" tone to it.

Tokyo Disneyland's Mansion is practically a clone of WDW's so it's clearly the tagalong kid brother of the group.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
You've been on all 5? Must be nice.

It kind of really is. I love seeing all the differences among the various "signature " Disney attractions that exist around the world especially the mansions, Pirates, and Space Mountains.

If Phantom Manor had a top to bottom refurbishment and restoration, it would most likely be my favorite. The last time i rode it most of the effects were in working order. I love how much darker in tone it is, and the western ghost town at the end is very unique.

Mystic Manor is spectacular, but I feel like it's a distant cousin to the Haunted Mansion. Not very comparable.

Cmdr_Crimson

At least with Phantom Manor...Why? It has Nods to Epcot in Phantom Canyon...

Most of the Citizens are molds from World of Motion
canyon3.jpg~original

Dreamfinder is the Mayor (With the audio of Paul Frees Ghost Host Introduction being used for him)
canyon4.jpg~original

And the creepiest character the Phantom with the Haunting laughter of Vincent Price..
bf097aa26aa9e64b43fbc0c2e705cbe1.jpg

raven

Again, it's difficult to get an accurate vote when most people on here haven't been to all of them.

FigmentPigments

I would've voted for Phantom Manor, but it's hard to get into the attraction when I cannot understand French. It really throws me off right at the beginning. However, the queue line and being able to enter through the front door is awesome. I definitely appreciate the background story and the effects, not to mention the look of the house is definitely creepy.

Chef Mickey

I am a Haunted Mansion connoisseur, having ridden the Florida version hundreds of times...perhaps that makes me biased too?

FettFan

And the creepiest character the Phantom with the Haunting laughter of Vincent Price..
bf097aa26aa9e64b43fbc0c2e705cbe1.jpg

Hmm....I never realized there was a zombie-Phantom in there. In all of the videos and promotional materials I've ever seen, the Phantom was much more skeletal, with glowing red eyes.
latest

Had a refined, gentlemanly look about him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom