Haunted Mansion update

Sped2424

Original Poster
Quick update from my visit to the kingdom today, Mr Toad is still a no show and now something else is notably gone
tumblr_n5mtj5dnIV1s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

The bride's ring is missing as of today at least, toad has been gone for months now.

Mike S

I hope the statue returns, it was fun seeing it as I left the Mansion. I only have one fuzzy memory of the ride as a kid but after seeing videos online I wish it was still there. Why couldn't Pooh replace the theater like Pinnochio in Disneyland?

Sped2424

Original Poster
I hope the statue returns, it was fun seeing it as I left the Mansion. I only have one fuzzy memory of the ride as a kid but after seeing videos online I wish it was still there. Why couldn't Pooh replace the theater like Pinnochio in Disneyland?
Because shutting down and gutting an attraction that is running is far cheaper than having to pay for that attraction and another new one at the same time.

Mike S

Because shutting down and gutting an attraction that is running is far cheaper than having to pay for that attraction and another new one at the same time.
I just wonder how much money it cost to run such a simple dark ride. I can understand 20,000 leagues closing for being expensive to run but Toad?

Sped2424

Original Poster
I just wonder how much money it cost to run such a simple dark ride. I can understand 20,000 leagues closing for being expensive to run but Toad?
I don't know those types of things, I just know that it's cheaper in the long run to close something down and having something take it's place then have 2 things both running. Toad couldn't have been a maintenance nightmare by any means it was a fairly simple dark ride.

Cesar R M

Quick update from my visit to the kingdom today, Mr Toad is still a no show and now something else is notably gone
tumblr_n5mtj5dnIV1s0c4z4o1_1280.jpg

The bride's ring is missing as of today at least, toad has been gone for months now.

I wonder, was the ring outright stolen?
or removed to clean it up?

doctornick

I don't know those types of things, I just know that it's cheaper in the long run to close something down and having something take it's place then have 2 things both running. Toad couldn't have been a maintenance nightmare by any means it was a fairly simple dark ride.

But in this case, we are still talking about replacing an attraction -- Pooh in DLR replaced Country Bear Jamboree and Pinocchio replaced the Mickey Mouse Club Theater. I think the (valid) question is why can't WDW replace a show and use that space to add a ride. Instead, WDW seems to go the opposite direction (e.g. replacing SWSA with a M&G).

Personally, I'd like to see Philharmagic replaced by a more theme appropriate ride (i.e. something that more a medieval fairytale like a Sleeping Beauty or Tangled or Frozen dark ride) and putting Philharmagic in the Town Square Theater instead of Tinkerbell.

Regarding Mr. Toad specifically, I'd love to see TDO put a new version of that ride in DHS (or even DAK if they wanted to develop some sort of Critter Country type land). Those parks could use a family friendly ride like that.

Last edited:

Sped2424

Original Poster
Is that the old spot people said was the ring

close_up_ring.jpg

or the new actual ring?

HHG-15.jpg
The old spot was paved over and located near the exit of the ride I believe, this is the new spot in the interactive queue where the actual new ring is/was. Also looking at the imprint my picture is too small to have been the location of the old ring.

bhg469

The old spot was paved over and located near the exit of the ride I believe, this is the new spot in the interactive queue where the actual new ring is/was. Also looking at the imprint my picture is too small to have been the location of the old ring.
I would actually be a little happy to see the new ring gone as the old "ring" was a fence post and never ever meant to be part of the story or attraction.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I would actually be a little happy to see the new ring gone as the old "ring" was a fence post and never ever meant to be part of the story or attraction.
Lots of things in the current mansion were never originally meant to be there. Nonetheless I thought the ring was a great little thing to pass by on the way inside and really added some fun to it. I hope to see it return soon.

rct247

I thought the ring was missing for a while now. Wasn't it just outside the exit? Rumor to why it was removed or moved elsewhere is because so many people were blocking the exit taking pictures and crowding around it.

bhg469

I thought the ring was missing for a while now. Wasn't it just outside the exit? Rumor to why it was removed or moved elsewhere is because so many people were blocking the exit taking pictures and crowding around it.
I believe the only reason was that it was an ugly exposed cut off fence post and they were in the middle of adding the new queue.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Everyone seems to be misunderstanding, I am talking about the new ring that was included along in the new queue. The old ring has been gone for some time now, the new ring was installed in the queue and right next to bubble crypt with the sailor. So the ring that should be there is gone.
I think somebody probably stole it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom