Haunted Mansion Rewrite

Lord Fozzinator

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This is my version of the haunted mansion movie of 2023, to make it clear I really liked the 2023 movie but that is probably due to me loving the ride. The movie begins with the original ghost host saying the when hinges creak in doorless chambers, all that jazz. We enter into the state of Louisiana (yes I know unoriginal) in the year of 1917. We see a family of 6 living in the estate of William Gracey as a large thunderstorm appears over the house. We see the family doing regular family things to build sympathy for the upcoming tragedy in the next couple of minutes. We see a large bolt of lighting hit the top of the mansion and starts electrifying a certain tombstone. The house starts to creak and groan as it is welcoming its many guests and the family is trapped inside for eternity. We fast forward 5 years later as the eldest son has come to the house to find his family. We see that he has recruited a physic, a photographer, his cousin, and a priest. We see the son go into the attic as he sees several pictures with his mother and several men with their heads off. She appears to have gone crazy and chase him through the attic trying to chop his head off but he escapes. The physic try’s to talk to the daughter but the daughter is jealous of the physics beauty and shoves her head into a crystal ball and she is trapped. The cousin meets with the 2 brothers as they duel with pistols, he try’s to talk to them but is caught in the crossfire and dies off camera. The photographer try’s to take a picture of the last daughter as she was really popular, but he has his head replaced with a camera. As he try’s to run away his body started turning into film lenses. The eldest son is the only one left and encounters the most powerful of them all, he sees father which had his head put into a hatbox. He try’s reasoning with his father but is chased around the mansion and takes part in a scooby doo moment with going through different doors. He eventually gets captured by the father but he can’t bring himself to hurt his son or any other member of his family. He fights off the person that caused them to be trapped, their evil aunt who wanted their massive wealth but got caught in the event too. The father wins and the son wishes to stay with them but they told him that he can’t stay, so he leaves. My favorite part of this rewrites is the last scene. We fast forward to the year of 1953 as the eldest son shows the mansion to a certain person who wants to make a ride about the story. Walt Disney is told about the mansion and its history by the son. He assures the son that he will do the story justice. The movie ends with the iconic grim grinning ghosts song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom