Haunted Mansion refurbishment

Since1976

Original Poster
HM was supposed to reopen this week, but I haven't seen any news on it yet (probably because most of the WDWMagic-ers who may have experienced it are still on vacation, hehee).

I'm curious as to whether anything noticeable has changed, or if it was just a minor maintenance rehab.

(BTW, it was so disheartening to see the Haunted Mansion-garbed CMs turning guests away from the closed attraction last week. You could see excited people *running* to get on, only to watch their happy faces turn to sadness. I knew in advance that it was closed, so it wasn't a huge blow fo me...*sigh* Progress. So necessary, but a pain in the you-know when it affects you.)

celestia

Some of my friends went last night, from what it sounds like it has never looked better. :sohappy:

a lot of things have been replaced (unnoticeable to most guests.)

Things have been cleaned up so the ghosts are more vivid and can be seen clearer.

It sounds like a hitch-hiking ghost was having problems while they were on it, but other than that I havn't heard anything else.

WDW Kip

slipknottin said:
Did they turn the music volume up so you can actually hear the song? That always irritated me about the ride.
I was wondering about the sound myself. A lot of people have complained that "Grim Grinning Ghosts" is so fargone in the attraction that the music isn't synced anymore as you go through the graveyard scene. The Disneyland version has changed this, and now you can clearly hear the song throughout the graveyard, and you don't hear the other parts of the song echoing from the other parts of the attraction like at WDW. I hope they fixed this.

DisneySam

Good to hear that it is looking better. I too am a HM junkie and when I rode it last summer the sound was all messed up and static-y so I was a little disappointed. Does anyone know the status of a HM gift shop/stand. Last time I was there I was all set to look at HM stuff and there was none?

bluefaery

DisneySam said:
Does anyone know the status of a HM gift shop/stand. Last time I was there I was all set to look at HM stuff and there was none?

the onlt gift stand i know of is madam leotas cart. its right by the entrance in LS.

ImagineeringOrg

Madame Leota's Cart and the Hidden Donald Chair

I noticed the Hidden Donald Chair was missing when I rode it back in early October. Surprised me to see it was gone.

Madame Leota's cart was not near the HM entrance, though--it was over toward the entrance to the riverboat.

MissM

Donald's chair disappeared months ago. *boo hiss*

The cart moved from outside the exit to over by the riverboat over the summer. It's really too far away now in my opinion, but...eh. What can you do?
-m

ISTCrew20

Yep, it was open last night (Nov 16th). Everything was looking better. The only thing I noticed different was that the 'floating' candlestick at the very beginning of the ride (before the Portrait Corridor, up the stairs) was gone. Everything else though was wonderful.

and last I heard, the Donald Chair was out for refurbishment, but now I'm doubting it will return.

Dj Corona

Even though the cart's been moved, they usually have plenty of Haunted Mansion stuff in the store (forgot it's name) that's on the left hand side when you exit. Or at least they did during MNSSHP.

daverube

I wish they would upgrade the fluorescent spiders....I always thought they looked small-time or carnivalish.....

Other than that....I love HM....second fav behind POTC.

MissM

Dj Corona said:
Even though the cart's been moved, they usually have plenty of Haunted Mansion stuff in the store (forgot it's name) that's on the left hand side when you exit. Or at least they did during MNSSHP.
Nope, they don't normally. They had a bunch of Nightmare Before Christmas stuff then but normally, it's the Smuckers/Home goods store these days. :( Last year, you could always find a ton of Villians items but not anymore.
-m

1disneydood

HM is one of my favorites, although it needed ALOT of help. Let's hope it got the help it deserved. Can it be that hard to replace speakers and soundtrack especially with all the money they can spend on Soarin and E:E?

Mr Bill

I just hope the sound quality has gotten better since my last trip in October. It was just awful then, so much buzzing and hissing.

MagliteL13

When I rode it the night it reopened it looked marvelous. Granted, this was only a short rehab to fix some safety things, not showkeeping, but there were a few things within the mansion that looked incredible. The entire séance circle looked phenomenal. Looked like the instruments were repainted and they glow like never before. Also, Leota herself has never looked better. Didn’t notice a whole lot in the ballroom, but BeckyLSawyer said the dresses in the ballroom were changed. Little Leota also looked great, but my favorite was exiting we noticed some new lighting to the mansion. The mansion at night looks great. Great job maintaining the magic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom