Baby Groot's House of Fun! (Formerly - Haunted Mansion needs to go)

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Where do I start? OK - let's be real, the Haunted Mansion is an outdated attraction built on the foundation of a dull and hopeless story. The "Doom buggies" are rough, The ride is too dark, it's offensive to the deceased, and in business terms it's an overall non-money maker for merchandising. I mean how can you compete with the likes of Marvel, Pixar, and Star Wars? The goblin candle holder isn't as cute as the green Toy-Story Alien popcorn basket - or the dancing baby Groot. And Haunted stuff really isn't fun. It doesn't scream Disney presents Marvel & Pixar & Star Wars & 20th Century Fox to me.

Sure, there are a handful of people who go to the parks for just the parks.. these fascinating creatures just love attractions like "Splash Mountain" and "Big Thunder".. pfft.. but where's the fun in that? Most people now and days, including myself, are going for The Incredibles (Jack-Jack's on a stick is precious!) and the Bing-Bong Candy and Mission Breakout (Those television screens are gorgeous and beat the heck out of special effects). We need a refreshing experience that a younger audience can relate to. I don't want my child to tear up and ask me "daddy, how come the host is a scary man with a deep voice?" and i'd have to look her straight in the eyes and answer that with a broken heart. It's as disgusting as the old redhead scene.

Like I said, we need an amazing experience, something great - something fantastic. After all my research, I think the new ride should be "Marvel presents Baby Groot's House of Fun". Great for the whole family! And just think of the cute merchandise! The idea of music playing throughout the house, such as "O-o-h Child" by Five Stairsteps or "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell really excites me, as it assists Baby Groot's efforts to show us his wonderful home! What're your thoughts?

TROR

d67.jpg

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well since Disney built Avatar land and they love James Cameron while not convert the Haunted Mansion into a Titanic dark ride? I mean it does have a ship weather vane on top and who doesn't want to see Kate Winslet naked at Disneyland? They could even cross promote with Avatar 2.

I like that! Then it would make sense to switch out New Orleans Square and Critter Country for an Avatar Land! Love it. Then we get three, brand new popular attractions instead of just one (after Pirates and Splash get changed).

I’ve been saying this for years. The Haunted Mansion is too good for Disneyland and it has nothing to do with Pixar, Star Wars or Marvel. Why would the current management give a damn about it?

See, Kram Sacul gets it! Time to change out Haunted with something more hip.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
In the spirit of the original post . . .

View attachment 301035

I don't appreciate your picture. You'll find my side of the argument to be the TRUE side. Robert and company are leading the parks to a new, glorious generation with timeless, critically acclaimed classics such as Guardians of the Galaxy, Frozen, Inside Out, and more. Did you know Mission: Breakout is the most popular attraction in California?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom