Has Rhino Rally opened back up yet?

<SRH>

I think it is open. I have seen the commercials back on t.v. for it. Also I have seen commercials for AK now. The one's that say "Nahtazu".

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by MrPromey
Yep, it's open again and lines for it are longer than ever...

so did they give out a report on what caused the accident and if so how they fix the problem?

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
I'm not a Floridian or an expert on other attractions in FL, so what is Rhino Rally?

new ride in tampa busch gardens the rides vehicle tipped over injury a few people awhile back.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
Is it one of those river rapid rides?

Itcombines the saffira like vehicles only smaller and then u get on a boat with rapids. I heard it sucked pretty bad

MrPromey

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Itcombines the saffira like vehicles only smaller and then u get on a boat with rapids. I heard it sucked pretty bad

I've not yet been on it but I have a good idea of how much land they had to play with in making it (about 3 times that of the Jungle Cruise) and it's supposed to be a race with up to six vehicles going at it simultaneously, each going into it's own canyon and each being washed off it's own bridge which means there can't be a whole lot of room for the rest of the ride... Bush Gardens is no Disney and they don't even try to pretend to be. They are calling this there most advanced and most themed ride ever (which isn't saying a lot) though and I'm hoping it will lead to other more original rides in this park...

<SRH>

The ride is open again. They attributed it to driver error. The ride is like AK where you are in a safari vehicle and you look at animals. There is one part where you go on a bridge, the piece of bridge under the vehicle breaks off and you float down the river. There are hidden tracks under the pontoons. It is not a thrill ride, it is a ride for the family.

MrPromey

Yes, a lot of people were disappointed when the rode it because BG had sort of hyped it in the ads as some sort of thrill ride (though they flatly denied that it was intended to be one in interviews)... They attributed it to driver error? Does that mean they didn't change anything, then? What? Did they just tell all the drivers to be more careful?.. That doesn't instill a lot of faith in me...

<SRH>

I remember seeing something on the local news about it. Busch shut the ride down so they could determine what factor(s) caused the rollover. Land Rover was also involved to see if the problem was in the high-center of gravity of the vehicles and how they were driven. They did say they thought it had something to do with with the driver, and that the person still works there, but does not drive anymore. I will see if I can find an article online. I think maybe St. Pete Times had something on it.

MrPromey

Originally posted by <SRH>
I remember seeing something on the local news about it. Busch shut the ride down so they could determine what factor(s) caused the rollover. Land Rover was also involved to see if the problem was in the high-center of gravity of the vehicles and how they were driven. They did say they thought it had something to do with with the driver, and that the person still works there, but does not drive anymore. I will see if I can find an article online. I think maybe St. Pete Times had something on it.

Yes, SPT, has had a lot of coverage on this ride since they started building it.. Still though, one has to wonder, it if it so easy to flip one of these things that a trained driver managed to do it in the first month, aren't they just sort of asking for trouble by opening it back up without taking mechanical measures to prevent it from happening again? :confused:

<SRH>

The news on t.v. said they were redesigning portions of the road, so the drivers would have to take wider turns or something. Something to that effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom