Has Anyone Used Guest Assistance Card?

lisamonster85

Original Poster
My boyfriend and I are visiting WDW and he has a disability and plan to get the Guest Assistance Card. I was wondering if anyone else has used it and how it worked... or didn't work for them.

THANKS!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As I understand it, there are different GAC for different needs, it's not just one card. When you go to Guest Relations, they'll want to know what his limitations/requirements are and they'll give him a GAC that suits his particular situation. They don't want/need a doctor certificate or a complete diagnosis, just his needs described so they can provide the correct card.

In my case, I can't stand in lines for extended periods [anything over half an hour]. They gave me a GAC that allowed me to use the FP lane or wheelchair entrance when available. It worked very well for me when I needed it. I only had one CM not let me use it and I had no idea why [I didn't challenge him or worry about it, I just moved on to something else].

I thought it was very well organized by Disney and in my case it meant I could ride attractions I would otherwise never have been able to.

jim1051

My grandaughter is Autistic and my son got a card on his last visit with her. Since patience is one of her issues it was a big help in avoiding the long line for some of her favorite attractions

gmajew

Premium Member
My grandaughter is Autistic and my son got a card on his last visit with her. Since patience is one of her issues it was a big help in avoiding the long line for some of her favorite attractions

My nephew is autistic and they are making their first trip to disney this year so this is great to hear. My sister in law was worried about taking him but this will help a ton.

bsiev1977

I have similar circumstances. My niece will be 5 next May when we go. She's autistic and would benefit greatly from the GAC.

firekymmie

This past April i went to get my AP's at the customer window at MK i was on a scooter and before i even said anything the cast member pulled out a red GAC and filled it out and handed it to me. It really helped alot. At most attractions you go in fastpass entrance with or without your scooter. Depending on if the scooter had enough access to pass threw it. This Nov i wont need a scotter but i will be using the GAC again because i still cant stand in a long line. I am getting better but i would rather not be in pain and have to resort to a scooter again. Haunted Mason has a seperate entrance. Fast track you have to go in fastpass lane than you go in an elevator to get you onto other side of tracks. You catch on pretty quick and cast members will usually tell you were to go or park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom