Has anyone tried the New Custom Magic band Service at Magic Kingdom?

David B

Original Poster
I thought about just waiting until I actually get there, then buying a custom band and having some initials put on it. Has anyone tried it before? Do they have a good selection of different bands, or can you just customize your plain solid color bands?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
One great thing about customizing a band on-property (at the store at Space Mountain) is that those bands are lighter and more flexible on your wrist, making them much more comfortable (compared to the solid color bands resort guests receive.) You choose your band color (purple is one of the options) and the design you want imprinted; there are numerous designs to choose from. You can add name/initials (which appear on the outside of the band, not on the underside) for an extra fee. The process takes about 30 minutes after you have paid for your band. We left the store and rode the Peoplemover to pass the time.

David B

Original Poster
Wow, Okay I'm already sold haha. The design ones are $20-30 online, and it looks like the custom made Magicbands under Space Mountain are about the same price, so it seems like an obvious choice.....

Swissmiss

Premium Member
There are a variety of bands (already made) to chose from in the store as well as a variety of designs to customize on one of their bands (in other words, I don't believe there is an option to customize a magic and that you bring with you). A feature I quite liked when doing a customized band a few weeks ago was the ability to see what it would look like against the various colors available before deciding what I wanted Designs I thought I would like based on pictures I saw when they announced the store didn't end up looking very good when I tried them on any of the colors of bands available. Both my child and I got lots of comments about our customized bands, so I am glad that we did them (particularly as I was able to get the elusive purple!!). You may have to wait some time for it to be ready; we opted to have ours delivered to the hotel the next day rather than wait around.

smbarr

We didn't do the custom MB, but we did use the same process to have phone cases made. They are amazing! There are so many designs to choose from for both MB and phone cases. The design prints are so colorful and vibrant and seem to really hold up as well. Definitely check them out when you are there. If the MB hold up as well as the phone case printing you will be very pleased!

Interesting. This trip is my first one (1.18.16) with the magic bands. I looked at the wd store application and found a cool pirates of the caribbean one, since my alma mater's mascot is a pirate - that or purple, as we're purple and gold. (East Carolina University) Anyway, it was $19 online - clever way to make more money so you can spend money - and the fact that they are more comfortable is a good angle.

Im aware the band gets me in the park, allows me to make purchases - does it also serve as my room key - or is that wishful thinking? Im sure If I upgrade it'll be an "in the moment" decision - as most purchases at Disney are. Except food. :p

Rob562

Interesting. This trip is my first one (1.18.16) with the magic bands. I looked at the wd store application and found a cool pirates of the caribbean one, since my alma mater's mascot is a pirate - that or purple, as we're purple and gold. (East Carolina University) Anyway, it was $19 online - clever way to make more money so you can spend money - and the fact that they are more comfortable is a good angle.

Im aware the band gets me in the park, allows me to make purchases - does it also serve as my room key - or is that wishful thinking? Im sure If I upgrade it'll be an "in the moment" decision - as most purchases at Disney are. Except food. :p

All Magic Bands listed under your account, whether purchased or received as part of your reservation, can be used interchangeably throughout your trip for all functions.

-Rob

HolleBolleGijs

Yes, it works for the hotel room as well.

TheMouseFan

As of last month, there was not :(. But if you want a phone case, Sadness is available (can't remember if there were other characters, but I bought Sadness for my daughter :).)
Thanks! We were just looking at the character ones that are 15% off today on Disneystore.com, and Lily wanted to wait if she thought she could get an Inside Out one. Guess she'll have to decide if she wants to hold out until June, or get one now with the boys!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Thanks! We were just looking at the character ones that are 15% off today on Disneystore.com, and Lily wanted to wait if she thought she could get an Inside Out one. Guess she'll have to decide if she wants to hold out until June, or get one now with the boys!
Believe me if there had been an Inside Out option, it would have come home with us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom