has anyone stayed in the all star movie hotel?

bizkid

Account Suspended
anyone stayed in the all star movie hotel?
me and my family were just wondering because we have already planned and booked a trip for this late november/early december. we are staying in the polynesian and the boardwalk. we have annual passes, so, we thought that we could probably stay in the all star movie hotel in 2004 and then maybe resort hop to somewhere else like the boardwalk or something. we just wanted to know how all of you who have stayed in it felt about the all star movie hotel.

thanks alot

WDWspider

We just got back from there. You can see from my sig the resorts I have stayed in the past. Well, I did not like the All-Star Sports very much at all, so I was skeptical about the Movies. But this was a short trip to Disney and we wanted to save a little money so we decided on All-Star Movies since the Pop Century still wasn't open. The Movies is so much better. It has such a more interesting and Disney flavor to it that it ends up being quite fun and unlike the Sports or Music that have less Disney characters to be found, the Movies is filled with Giant Sized icons everywhere that remind you of where you are, why you came, and what Disney magic is all about. I recommend Movies as the ultimate of the Value resorts so far. I suggest you stay, but try your best to get Fantasia, Toy Story, or Dalmations as they are not only the closest to the bus stops and food court, but also the most popular themes as well.

Upvote 0

GaryT977

I stayed there a while back. It you're used to the fancier Disney hotels, you may not like it. However, the theming is excellent, the rooms are adequate and clean, and you're on Disney property.

It tends to be noisy (more families with kids than the higher priced resorts), there are no restaurants, only food courts, and it's a long bus ride to the Magic Kingdom or DTD.

Upvote 0

mej

We stayed there a few years ago - Love Bug I think?? It was fine - and our only ever stay on Disney property. I would stay again, but to be honest, coming from Northern Ireland, it costs a FORTUNE in flights alone, so every penny counts in accomodation and I can get a lot more space for the same money outside of The World! Maybe one day I'll be able to afford to go more upmarket! At the minute, I'm only too grateful to be able to go to Orlando, never mind stay at a Disney Hotel!!

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

Fantasia is definitely the best section to stay with, as it has some of the kewlest theming (Fantasia on one side, Fantasia/2000 on the other), surround the very kewl pool area, and is right next to the food court, gift shop, bus stop. This is clearly the best of the Value Resorts--until Pop Century opens:) Since you are going in 2004, consider Pop Century, as it will be brand new, and probably the best value yet.

Upvote 0

BigNorm

We stayed there three years (99-01) and enjoyed it quite a bit. We roomed in the Mighty Ducks (just above the Mighty Ducks pool), Toy Story, and Fantasia. They're all basic hotel rooms, but I agree that Fantasia has the best theming. The pool is fantastic if you like to swim.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

It was okay.... since it was a spur of the moment trip done on a shoestring budget, it made me happy. I have a few things i wasnt happy about, but the fact that I was at Disney World kinda made up for it and then some.

If youre looking for the Disney Basics and want to spend more of your money on Souviners or Food and the whatnot, go for it. However, after staying in the Poly & Boardwalk, you just might pull your hair out. It all comes down to what you think the most important part of your trip is....

IMO:

Strengths:
Cheap
Good Food
Kid Friendly

Drawbacks:
Confusing Parking Lots
Middle of Nowhere Location

Upvote 0

Sorcerer1

We stayed at the AS-Movies in 2000, and we had a great time. If you are looking for a value resort to sleep and take a shower in, it's great. The pools are great too. Since the wife and I are hard core vacationers, we rarely spent time in the room, but it was well-worth the value rate. Bus service was better than expected and it was nicer than i thought it would be. We stayed in the Dalmation building.

Upvote 0

TinkRBell427

We have stayed at All Star Movies 3 times since the Fall of '99. I love that place. About two weeks ago, on my last trip to WDW we changed it up and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Oh how I missed my Movies. Don't get me wrong it was beautiful, but the bus service to the parks stunk. We waited almost 45 minutes for one, where at ASM a bus comes every like every 10 minutes. Or at least they did when I was there. The theme is great and I wish that I could have stayed in Fantasia because that looks to be the best section to stay. All we have ever gotten is the Love Bug and the Mighty Ducks. Wonderful resort! But if you are going after Dec. 14 definetly stay in Pop Century, that's gonna be the next one I stay at!:)

Upvote 0

emilymad

I stayed in the Fantasia section and loved it. We were right by the pool and the food court. The only bad thing I have to say is that it was really noisy. We were on the first floor right by the pool and kids were out there until at least 1am with no parents in sight. Next time I would maybe try to get on the other side of the building or on a higher floor. I would definitly stay there again though.:)

Upvote 0

ImaSheDevil

I've been to Disney World a bunch of times with my folks both on an off Disney property. But I went to Disney World with my Senior class for our senior class trip in the spring and we stayed there in the Love Bug. I must say that I absolutely loved it. It's definitely good for the price. I will International Drive is cheaper and you can get a really nice hotel room for the price on Int. Drive, but the only problem is that the buses come irregularly. We stayed at the Grovesner a few years ago and we waited FOREVER for the buses and we had a hard time finding the bus cuz they were parked in different sections and stuff and it was just a hassle. So, for just a touch more you could stay at one of the All Star resorts and not have to worry too much about the transportation.

Upvote 0

Becky

Originally posted by TinkRBell427
I wish that I could have stayed in Fantasia because that looks to be the best section to stay.

You can stay at Fantasia anytime you want:D But they are the prefered buildings and are $10 a night extra:eek:

What do you get for the extra $10? Nothing. Rooms are the same. Why $10 extra? They claim they are closer to the lobby, busses and pool. They can be but not necessarily.

We stayed at Dalmation I in December and Fantasia this month. We were put in the back far end of Fantasia for the extra $10 a night and were farther from the lobby, food court etc than we were at Dalmation.:confused:

Upvote 0

WDWspider

Originally posted by Becky
You can stay at Fantasia anytime you want:D But they are the prefered buildings and are $10 a night extra:eek:

What do you get for the extra $10? Nothing. Rooms are the same. Why $10 extra? They claim they are closer to the lobby, busses and pool. They can be but not necessarily.

We stayed at Dalmation I in December and Fantasia this month. We were put in the back far end of Fantasia for the extra $10 a night and were farther from the lobby, food court etc than we were at Dalmation.:confused:

First I've ever heard on the extra $10!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We stayed there in 2002. We loved it. We had 5 kids with us, got 2 rooms for $55 each we stayed in Dalmation Bldg #1 second floor facing the pool areas...we could see both pool areas from the sidewalk deck area outside of our door. We didn't go with Fantasia because of the $10 per night extra fee for "premium" location rooms. 10 nights 2 rooms just thought we could use that money for other things for the 5 kids! We were close to pools, food courts, buses, laundry [yep 5kids, 10 nights I just had to do laundry don't own that much luggage;)] we have always stayed in the all stars since we have had children..because we don't spend much time in the rooms other than to sleep/shower/dress. Looking forward to 2004~

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom