Has anyone stayed at the ft. wilderness cabins?

disneydadnyc

Original Poster
called to get the free dining but only rooms left for family of 5 was ft. wildernedd cabins. i was woundering how it was to stay at them, kind of on the fence about them.

Tinkerbell397

I wish I could give you first hand info but I cannot...........but........my sister, brother in law and kids have stayed there multiple times and have raved about it every time. The cabins are roomy with plenty of room to eat, sleep and relax. From what I understand, you till get mousekeeping and of course with a stove, microwave etc, you have the option of cooking in. Of course it is woodsy and like camping but in a hotel room. I have seen others on this board who have stayed at Wilderness Cabins and they recommend renting a golf cart. Hope others respond to assist you in making your decision.

BransonJ

Rent a golf cart, only downside is waiting for busses can take up some time. Other than that it was great for us. Had groceries delivered to our cabin for sandwiches etc.

We've stayed at the Cabins twice. We love them. I will say that staying at the Cabins had a different feel than any other WDW resort I've ever stayed at. That can be good or bad, depending on your point of view. I guess I would say if you like the outdoors and nature, you'll love this place. If you're looking for a typically Disney experience, maybe not so much.

The Good: We always have a car in WDW so we head to a grocery store to have a cook-out on the grill. The kitchen is full size with most things you'd need to prepare and serve a simple meal, and, of course, a dishwasher to clean up. Perhaps my most favorite thing about the Cabins is a parking spot for the rental car right outside the door. That is HUGE for me. We love the private patio. Multiple rooms with actual doors allows some level of privacy, which is always nice. The bathroom is much bigger than is typical of Disney. Boat service to the MK and WL/Contempory, as well as a marina on Bay Lake is outstanding. There is all kinds of nature and outdoor activities to enjoy that are atypical of Disney. The Mrs loved the two gift shops.

The Bad: The resort is so massive as to have it's own internal bus system. Both times we rented a golf cart to get around that issue. I'm sure if we had to "bus hop" to get to a park, I would not have l liked it. I'm not a fan of the busses anyways. Two of them per trip to the park would drive me nuts. The dining options are rather limited, particularly if you depend on Disney transportation. With the car right outside our room, we can easily drive to another resort for a meal, so that's not an issue for us. We do spend time at the pool each trip. FW pool is not among my favorites. There are two gift shops.

Just my two cents. Good luck!

deanaandrich

Stayed there last weekend- 5 adults and 1 child. Plenty of room. We bring our bikes to get around everywhere. The sing-a-long, campfire and movie is the best in all of WDW. It's a short 10-15 minute bike ride (or shorter boat ride) to wilderness lodge for more food options if you don't want to cook. You also can pool hop to the lodge- we asked and they said yes, so don't tell me you can't. Full kitchen and grill outside. You can park 2 cars in front of your trailer. Groceries can be delivered to your room or there are plenty of options at the trading posts. If the kitchen doesn't have something that you need to cook, just call the front and they will deliver it to you.

tare

I had friends stay in the cabins. They loved them!!! They also did alot of cooking especially breakfast. Cooking on vaca not for me.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Not to veer totally off the subject but how much does it cost to rent a golf cart for jaunting around Fort Wilderness?

RememberWhen

Not to veer totally off the subject but how much does it cost to rent a golf cart for jaunting around Fort Wilderness?
All ears has the following info:
"Guests often rent an electric cart to explore the more than 700 acres of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort. Carts have windshields and headlights, seat up to 4 adults and can be rented by the day or the week. Guests must be 18 years or age and older to rent a cart, and reservations are highly recommended. Carts can be rented for $63.54/day ($59 plus tax) at the Outpost (407-824-2742). Fort Wilderness carts may be reserved up to one year in advance." http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

Mr Toad

We loved the cabins...we never did rent a golf cart. We just used the internal bus system. It really didn't that long...but it seems that way when you want to the parks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom