Has anyone seen the new Reign of Fire footage?

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
More and more items for Reign of Fire have been seen lately, from the trailer to the poster. I somehow wonder if this movie will have any connection to the Beastlie Kingdom at all. Why? Because this movie looks extremely dark and forboding. The scenes that I've seen are violent but really darn cool.

Right now I'm trying to get my hands on the script. I have a sneak feeling that one of my contacts is working on a game based off of it.

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones will have the Reign of Fire trailer attached.

So, does everyone think that it will have a presence in Animal Kingdom? Or do you think that its content is far too morbid to make an attraction?

NowInc

Originally posted by Grim Grinner
More and more items for Reign of Fire have been seen lately, from the trailer to the poster. I somehow wonder if this movie will have any connection to the Beastlie Kingdom at all. Why? Because this movie looks extremely dark and forboding. The scenes that I've seen are violent but really darn cool.

Right now I'm trying to get my hands on the script. I have a sneak feeling that one of my contacts is working on a game based off of it.

Star Wars: Attack of the Clones will have the Reign of Fire trailer attached.

So, does everyone think that it will have a presence in Animal Kingdom? Or do you think that its content is far too morbid to make an attraction?

I think the original plan was to have a ride themed after it, but Disney may have pulled that idea off the drawing board and shelved it...the movie was supposed to be this mega hit, but after 9/11...destruction type movies aren't expected to do that great. I guess it will all depend on how much money it brings in from the box office...

Chad

I'll stand by what I said awhile ago...Whether or not the movie is good doesn't matter to me, A burnt out, destroyed city WOULDN"T fit well into a fanciful, mythical creature land..Maybe if they did a prequel To reign of fire, that would work.

Personally, I like the gryphon Idea we're talking about on the imagineering boards :)

ToTBellHop

this movie would have to be a box office smash for it to get a land based on it, considering the land would not be completed for at least 2½ or 3 years...people would have to still remember the movie well at that time if the movie connection were to work. As others have said, I don't see this movie being a big hit...I don't personally want to see a movie about post-apocolyptic New York...I say keep the movie tie-ins to a minimal in all the parks except MGM...it makes sense w/ It's Tough to be a Bug! and they didn't really change Countdown to Extinction when it became Dinosaur...but I don't think this park needs an entire land devoted to a movie. Furthermore, a destroyed city atmosphere would sharply contradict all of the themes of Animal Kingdom.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
My thinking is they belive it will do better than orriginal thought. They moved the release date of, it was orriginally set for late summer/early fall. Now it's slated for a summer release when most "summer blockbuster" type movies are out.

I'm hoping it does well. I just love dragons, and from the little they show the dragons in the trailer, it looks like they will be nasty dangerous creatures. :sohappy:

Rider

Originally posted by DogsRule!
As others have said, I don't see this movie being a big hit...I don't personally want to see a movie about post-apocolyptic New York

Its London....

Camelot

I saw a preview for this movie last week...which showed glimpses of the dragon, soaring across the screen....looked kinda neat to me....I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. :)

ToTBellHop

sorry...but, regardless, a city that has been destroyed does not belong at Animal Kingdom. They are more than capable of creating a dragon-themed attraction with its own story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom