Has anyone fished @ WDW?

Captain Cab

I did many years ago at Dixie Landings. They had a program where if you were a resort guest you could fish off of a dock for like $10 an hour (including equipment). It wasn't much but added to the great theming of the resort.

My 3 DS went on the kids fishing trip. It left from the boardwalk but they picked us up at the Yacht and Beach Club. They thought it was a little boring as they had to wear life vests all the time, even though they are all excellent swimmers and they didnt catch too much, only sunnies as we call them. They thought it was cool they could have all the powerade they wanted and that the captain used raw hotdogs for bait. As a family we did the bass fishing trip from the Polynesian. Its pretty expensive and they even charge you for bait and expect a tip. The tip is o.k. as our CM was taking all the fish off the line, baiting the hooks, posing for pictures etc. We fished by the old Discovery Island and near the Polynesian. She told us to get the 1st one at 6;30 as the fish are biting more then and the later it gets the hotter it gets and then everyone keeps renting the water mice which is not condusive to fishing conditions, noise, wakes etc. I know they have a stocked pond at PO/Riverside which is cheaper and Fort Wilderness has the canoe rental option. Have fun.

Dwarful

do all of the cm's bait the hooks, take the fish off of the line etc? if so what exactly is the point? or is this done in case people don't know how to do catch & release w/o killing the fish?? just curious what kind of fish do they stock in the lakes??

We caught large mouth bass by the MK and Discovery Island. The kids got the sunnies by Yacht and Beach. I don't know but the cast member was in charge of all the bait. I think she actually baited the hooks because she was keeping exact track of how much bait we used and I think you are charged by the dozen. She never asked if we wanted to bait our own hooks and I know we had the 3 ds with us and it was a little crazy on the boat but I do get the idea that they wanted to make sure that you didnt damage the fishes mouth etc. I do feel she CM was totally in control of the whole trip. Like she said o.k. we are going to another place to fish now etc. We couldnt really say anything. After a while she didnt even give me any bait anymore and said oh mom you can sit this one out. I think it may have had to do with my 3 DS not catching too much and the poor unfortunate mom catching everything.:lol: But unless you go and fish yourself it just seems like one more thing that disney likes to micro manage. This could also probably be for safety and no lawsuits, mishaps etc. Who knows.

MouseMadness

My husband took three of our girls... they all had a blast. They were 8, 5, and 3 at the time. They only caught a couple fish, but had such fun. They did get their hooks baited for them. Oh, and this was on seven seas lagoon... I don't remember exactly where they took off from. I'll have to ask my MIL since my DH (and I use the term lightly, lol) isn't being very helpful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom