News 'Happily Ever After' moves to an earlier time slot

daringstoic

Moving it five minutes earlier seems like such a pointless change. I could see bumping it up by half an hour so the post-fireworks guest exodus would happen a bit before park close, but I can't figure out what this will accomplish.

bhg469

MK used to always close at 6 in January. The fact that it closes now at 8 is, to me, improvement.
MK also didn't have nearly as many guests so your argument is moot. They have 2 parks that are lacking in attractions, one that is really trying to be night time friendly but it only has a few things that really work at night. Then you have MK, the flagship theme park of the entire world. More international guests than ever before... Now more than ever, it should not close until 10 at the earliest, any given night of the week.

ToTBellHop

MK also didn't have nearly as many guests so your argument is moot. They have 2 parks that are lacking in attractions, one that is really trying to be night time friendly but it only has a few things that really work at night. Then you have MK, the flagship theme park of the entire world. More international guests than ever before... Now more than ever, it should not close until 10 at the earliest, any given night of the week.
I'd rather they open at 8 am every day. 7 am on Fridays for resort guests. But that's just me. Those quiet morning hours are a gift.

bhg469

I'd rather they open at 8 am every day. 7 am on Fridays for resort guests. But that's just me. Those quiet morning hours are a gift.
I can respect that, although I am certainly not a morning person. I do However prefer the parks at night, especially MK. It has so much more allure to me at that time.

ThatMouse

Half the park is closes at 7pm pushing everyone to the front making it very uncomfortable. This was a recent Monday. We just wanted to get to mainstreet from adventureland, but were forced through Casey's where people were just trying to eat and through the store where people were just standing around in our way shopping, go figure. Hard to believe this bottleneck exists after the hub remodel, and on a light crowd day.

peter11435

Half the park is closes at 7pm pushing everyone to the front making it very uncomfortable. This was a recent Monday. We just wanted to get to mainstreet from adventureland, but were forced through Casey's where people were just trying to eat and through the store where people were just standing around in our way shopping, go figure. Hard to believe this bottleneck exists after the hub remodel, and on a light crowd day.
What closed at 7?

Animaniac93-98

I wonder if Universal Studios fans complain as much as Disney fans about park closing times. On our trip years ago the one Uni park closed at 6 pm and one at 7 pm. We went for the Harry Potter celebrations and were blown away at how early the parks closed.

I personally hate how both UNI parks tend to close around 7:00pm. I don't care about CityWalk, if they're charging at least $110 per park, per day to get in they should not close before 9:00pm (and IMO, none of the WDW parks should either).

Rumrunner

. Fireworks at park close (whether its 8pm, 9pm, or 10pm) are not anything new; it has been happening for years. I really do not understand (other than trolling) why it has suddenly become a major point of offense for the 'Gripe Group' of WDWMagic
Normally the shows were at 9:00 or 10:00 yet the parks were open until 11:00 or later. People were not piling out to catch the resort buses at the same time like they are under the current system. It is cheap to close so early and with the prices I pay I have every right to express concern when I think Disney is taking advantage of its patrons. Our course you seem to be the president of the Disney Can Do No Wrong Club.

peter11435

Normally the shows were at 9:00 or 10:00 yet the parks were open until 11:00 or later. People were not piling out to catch the resort buses at the same time like they are under the current system. It is cheap to close so early and with the prices I pay I have every right to express concern when I think Disney is taking advantage of its patrons. Our course you seem to be the president of the Disney Can Do No Wrong Club.
Define normally?

Yes sometimes what you say was correct, and still is. But 8:00 park closes and fireworks at closing is not new.

AndyS2992

Absolutely no reason the park should be closing at 8:00 anyway. Pile everyone out into the parking lots rights after the fireworks-poor decisions.
This is how Disneyland Paris has operated for many years. The firework show is always scheduled at park closing resulting in a slow moving crush to get out. I visit WDW in the summer so fireworks are at 10pm and park closes at 12am and I usually leave around 11:30pm and it's never a problem to get out and so I dislike this change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom