Handicap Rooms at WDW Resorts

aharsh218

Does anyone know the difference between a standard vs handicap rooms at the WDW Resorts. I am most interested in the All Star Resorts – Location on the property. Pictures would help.

Aharsh218

Nicole

I just posted this in another thread so excuse the duplication.

We stayed in an accessible room at Pop Century two summers ago. It had a large bathroom with a roll-in shower, and a king bed instead of two doubles so there was a bit more space in the room. It also had a refrigerator.

Other than that it was pretty much the same as the standard rooms we've stayed in at Pop and the All-Stars. We paid the same for the accessible room (which we didn't need) as we would have for a standard room.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

aharsh218 said:
Does anyone know the difference between a standard vs handicap rooms at the WDW Resorts. I am most interested in the All Star Resorts – Location on the property. Pictures would help.

Aharsh218

All Walt Disney World Resorts offer a variety of different room amenities available for Guest with Disabilities. When you call to book your room, we will ask you to be specific as to what special requests your party will need.

Is the Guest confined to a wheelchair or electric scooter? Do you need a roll-in shower? A tub with a transfer bench? A hand held shower head? Accessible vanities? Bathroom rails? Bed rails? Double peep holes in door?

Is the Guest sight or hearing impaired? Do you need a door knock and phone alerts? bed shaker alarm? Text Typewriter (TTY) phone? Strobe light fire alarm? Phone amplifier? Braille information / instructions in your room?

Does the Guest suffer from severe allergies, asthma, currently using oxygen, other health concerns? Do you need special cleaning requirements? An adjustable bed? A lower bed? Rubber bed pads? Open frame beds? A medical refrigerator? A sharps container? A non-smoking room?

If you have any questions on specify amenities and do not wish to post, feel free to PM me anytime. I would be happy to assist in any way I can. Unfortunately I cannot provide pictures, but can describe the amenities we can provide.

Hope this helps! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom