Handicap accessible at Pop century..

bjlc57

Original Poster
Hi gang.. , One I want to thank you all for all your help so far.. and for all the years of help.. again we are thinking of going to WDW in May.. however, we need a handicap accessible room .. the last two times we stayed at Pop.. they gave us what amounted to a "double room.. " since they are doing the reconstruction.. does anyone have any FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE that these rooms are the same configuration? I called the main phone line today.. and was told to "call Pop directly" which .. some one tried to say. .that I did. but her answers were more the vague.. and she had extremely limited knowledge of what was or was not done at Pop at this time.. Lets just say that there was 'room for error.. " . my wife , with out my knowledge called some where else and was told .. yes, the Handicap rooms are the same as before.. the cast member at Pop, also told me that both , old and new style rooms were the same price, and I have read different then that here.. all I am asking is can you help me get some concrete info on the handicap accessible rooms.. either with I have been there recently .. or here is who to call to get the correct info.. again thanks for all your previous help.. I have enjoyed my many years on this site..

EricsBiscuit

I stayed at Pop a couple months ago and took my 93 year old grandmother. I pushed her in her wheelchair (she lived the parks and loved going). I would think that as long as it is connected. To an elevator you would be fine and all the rooms there are. I would assume if they say it's handicap accessible it is though. We didn't have any trouble with my grandmother.

bjlc57

Original Poster
at pop.. The Handicap rooms had a king bed and the ajoining room was part of the room.. so two king beds and two rooms.. it gave you room for your scooter and what ever else you needed. and this is what i am speaking about..

jaklgreen

I think you got extremely lucky to get 2 rooms for the price of one. I have never heard anyone else ever say that Disney gave them a 2nd room for free. Ever! If you book a handicapped accessible room then you will get the 1 room with a king bed and a roll in shower. The capacity for that room is 2.

Nemo14

I think you got extremely lucky to get 2 rooms for the price of one. I have never heard anyone else ever say that Disney gave them a 2nd room for free. Ever! If you book a handicapped accessible room then you will get the 1 room with a king bed and a roll in shower. The capacity for that room is 2.
That's been our experience too. That's why I asked what a double room was. We haven't stayed there in a few years, so maybe things have changed?

bjlc57

Original Poster
well its the type of room that we have had twice in a row at Pop.. its not like I am making this up.. I would have liked to have heard from the one poster who had a king room there..

jaklgreen

well its the type of room that we have had twice in a row at Pop.. its not like I am making this up.. I would have liked to have heard from the one poster who had a king room there..

Are you personally making the reservation? Or a spouse/travel agents. Maybe you booked 2 rooms. I would assume that you have more then 2 people on your reservation so the system would not allow you to have more then that in 1 room. I bet you guys booked and paid for 2 rooms. There is no way they are just giving away all of those rooms for free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom