Halloween Horror Nights 2020 - Sept 10th through Oct 31st

ryan1

As someone who has gone every year since 2000 I'm concerned with the lack of announcements of houses and the lack of updating to the website. Throw out some general ideas as to what MAY be happening or what MAY be an entity if/when the event happens. I'm going to buy the buy one get one ticket that is being offered so HHN does take place I'll still be getting the deal and then a refund if it is cancelled.

I'm most excited about the potential of limiting capacity and getting back to the days (early 2000's) where they use to hold the line every 10-15 people to let each scene within the mazes reset between groups. It really does take away from the scares when you can see them coming with the conga line system that now takes place.

If I am required to wear a mask to the event I'm fine with doing so and it won't hinder my enjoyment.

Also, since Bill and Ted 3 is coming out this year, could a return happen???? (one can dream).

Disney Maddux

Here's a ton of info for ya'll from Inside Universal:

-No express this year. Probably no alcohol.

-Huge focus on locals.

-Socially distanced queues for houses, no virtual queue like rumored. Houses will be pulsed.

-Scare zones will have scareactors doing mini-shows and interacting from stages (think Vanity Ball from last year).

-Monsters: The Brides will have the Bride of Frankenstein trying to take the Bride of Dracula's blood to resurrect Frankenstein's Monster, which results in a battle between the two, with you stuck in the middle.

-Texas Chainsaw will be based on the 2013 movie. The house was originally going to be Silence of the Lambs.

-Bedtime Stories: The Tooth Fairy will have you trying to survive a twisted tooth fairy. It was going to be a house last year before being replaced by Us.

-Icons will be, well, an icon house. Segments for each of the main icons as you go through their domains.

-The anniversary house will be Legendary Truth having you go on a research mission through all of the biggest haunted locations in Carey, which will be the reasoning for you going back through all these old houses. It's possible this was originally intended to be Invisible Man.

-Pumpkin Patch will be a sequel to Twisted Tradition from 2018, with the Pumpkin King unleashing hell.

-Theatre of the Damned is where the earthquake rumor comes from. At a theatre where a big play was happening, an earthquake has happened that has freed beasts that were sealed under the theatre onto it.

-Haunting of Hill House will be... Haunting of Hill House. The whole house will take place in the house itself, never going into the morgue or cemetery.

-Beetlejuice will be the comedy house. The vortex tunnel will be in here, but it will not be a 3D house.

-Billie Eilish is the big unknown thing here. All we know is this house's main goal will not to be scary, but rather be as freaky and mind-messing as possible.

-Creepshow will be a scare zone.

-Dead by Daylight might be a scare zone.

JT3000

I didn't see this here yet: Patrick Braillard, one of the show directors of HHN for many years, was let go due to Covid-19.

Interesting development. I wonder if they're thinking of replacing him with someone cheaper, or literally eliminating his role. Probably not a good sign either way.

Animaniac93-98

60 days left until the [originally planned] start date. 10 days left for the current BOGO ticket offer. From the official website's home page:

"Universal will continue to follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of local health and safety officials for its operation of Halloween Horror Nights this fall. More details will be shared closer to the event's debut."

JoeCamel

60 days left until the [originally planned] start date. 10 days left for the current BOGO ticket offer. From the official website's home page:

"Universal will continue to follow CDC guidelines and the recommendations of local health and safety officials for its operation of Halloween Horror Nights this fall. More details will be shared closer to the event's debut."
I am hearing rumblings there may be a very special show for this iteration of HHN but I can't commit til the event structure is announced.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Here's a ton of info for ya'll from Inside Universal:

-No express this year. Probably no alcohol.

-Huge focus on locals.

-Socially distanced queues for houses, no virtual queue like rumored. Houses will be pulsed.

-Scare zones will have scareactors doing mini-shows and interacting from stages (think Vanity Ball from last year).

-Monsters: The Brides will have the Bride of Frankenstein trying to take the Bride of Dracula's blood to resurrect Frankenstein's Monster, which results in a battle between the two, with you stuck in the middle.

-Texas Chainsaw will be based on the 2013 movie. The house was originally going to be Silence of the Lambs.

-Bedtime Stories: The Tooth Fairy will have you trying to survive a twisted tooth fairy. It was going to be a house last year before being replaced by Us.

-Icons will be, well, an icon house. Segments for each of the main icons as you go through their domains.

-The anniversary house will be Legendary Truth having you go on a research mission through all of the biggest haunted locations in Carey, which will be the reasoning for you going back through all these old houses. It's possible this was originally intended to be Invisible Man.

-Pumpkin Patch will be a sequel to Twisted Tradition from 2018, with the Pumpkin King unleashing hell.

-Theatre of the Damned is where the earthquake rumor comes from. At a theatre where a big play was happening, an earthquake has happened that has freed beasts that were sealed under the theatre onto it.

-Haunting of Hill House will be... Haunting of Hill House. The whole house will take place in the house itself, never going into the morgue or cemetery.

-Beetlejuice will be the comedy house. The vortex tunnel will be in here, but it will not be a 3D house.

-Billie Eilish is the big unknown thing here. All we know is this house's main goal will not to be scary, but rather be as freaky and mind-messing as possible.

-Creepshow will be a scare zone.

-Dead by Daylight might be a scare zone.
Annnnnnd it's GONE!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom