• No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Either one will do

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Timekeeper

Halloween Whosa What's-it?

I say "no" for a couple of reasons.

1) Having it at Universal will help promote the new Mummy ride - and with plenty of open attractions - that can help spread out the massive population of guests that attend the event.

2) Ever since HHN got so densely populated with guests that haunted maze queue's reached 90-120 minute wait times, I thought that the even should be held simultaneously between BOTH Islands of Adventure AND Universal Studios with a backlot path connecting the two.

They charge a lot of money for a 5 to 7 hour event. If there are 5 mazes, at 2 hour wait each, that means no one can attend all 5 mazes, which is REDICULOUS. They NEED to accomodate the number of guests that they sell tickets to. If this means expanding to both parks simultaneously or opening even more mazes in one park, so be it. But at around $50 for a 5 hour event, they need to do more for the customer.

My thoughts,

Timekeeper

Michael72688

Original Poster
When I went I did every ride and did one house, I could have done more but most of my friends didn't so I didn't either, I also went on a Saturday, so I actually was shocked that I did that much! But I think they should maybe do it at both parks, but seperatly, you either go to Islands of Universal studios, not have them connected

Timekeeper

Mucha Mucha

Originally posted by Michael72688
When I went I did every ride and did one house, I could have done more but most of my friends didn't so I didn't either, I also went on a Saturday, so I actually was shocked that I did that much!

"That much"???

People pay $50 for 5 hours at Halloween Horror Nights to do mazes, not attractions. Granted, some attractions are open, and yes guests do ride them, but those attractions are also open 365 days a year. I think it's safe to say that the majority of HHN guests go for the HHN-specific events. That is, the mazes, Bill & Ted show, etc.

I wouldn't consider going to HHN and doing one house "much."

Timekeeper

Michael72688

Original Poster
Yea, I do know that, but my friends had only been to IoA once and hadn't rode all the rides, plus they didn't want to do anymore mazes, which was fine with me

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'm hearing again that it'll be both parks. I don't know whether or not there is any truth to this though.

Source: Skip Sherman.

Legacy

I'm with Rob on this. Most all signs are indeed pointing to two parks this year. The only akward thing would be that they are only opening half of each park if they do it; Meaning, Jurassic Park and Toon Lagoon of IoA would be blocked off, and World Expo and Amityville of the Studios would be blocked. Doing this all you effectively do is make one park out of two parks, and also cut off access to Jurassic Park's River Adventure, Jaws, Men in Black and Back to the Future. The amount of houses available would sky-rocket though (four in soundstages, one in Studio 54, and the Carnage house) but you lose the outdoor house potential, Thunderfall terrace and the Discovery Center.

I love having HHN at Islands. The narrow walkways and dense theming provide a very claustraphbic atmosphere. Unfortunately though, the event is better suited for the Studios. Until it seems feasible for BOTH parks to be fully operational during the event, I think it should stay there.

Timekeeper

It Takes Two

I agree that BOTH parks should be fully operational. Now, if they want to close a unpopular ride or two, that's fine, but at least leave the geographic area open to disperse crowding.

Securing off both parks (and like you said, effectively creating "one") seems like more hassle than it's worth.

Also, I think attendance hours should be extended. Weeknights run from 7 pm until 12 am, and 5 hours is an awefully short amount of time. Seeing the Bill and Ted show, for example, will take about an hour - 30 min or so of waiting and 30 min or so of show. That is considered a "must see," leaving only 4 hours left in the night. With 5 mazes/houses, that often means choosing which 3 of the 5 you want to see.

I think guests should be able to go through each HHN event/maze/house/show at least once.

1) Sell fewer tickets/lower max. capacity numbers.
2) Open more houses/mazes/rides
3) Extend event hours later in night or open earlier in afternoon.

Just my thoughts,

Timekeeper

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
It's being heavily rumored that both parks are hosting HHN this year, so I wouldn't be surprised. As for IOA having HHN, I think it's been okay, HHN 13 was good, HHN 12 was ok, but I think I enjoyed myself more when it was at the Studios for some reason. But a two-park expansion, meaning more houses, would be fantastic and i'm all for it. By the way, it's been said that Bill and Ted is moving to the old Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show theater this year, if both parks are hosting HHN of course.

Legacy

Originally Posted By NemoRocks78-
By the way, it's been said that Bill and Ted is moving to the old Wild Wild Wild West Stunt Show theater this year, if both parks are hosting HHN of course.
That also depends on what capacity the parks are open. Like I said before, if they end up closing off Amityville, Bill and Ted will remain in the Toon Theater. Toon Lagoon will just be closed off just past the theater if that happens.

One good thing if they do have both parks is we will see the return of the Festival of the Dead parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom