Half-hour return time frame ?

makesmewonder

Original Poster
Hi everyone,

I was surprised I was able to pick a half-hour window returntime for my Tower of terror fastpass this august. The park closes at 9:30 this day, and MDE says I need to arrive at the attraction between 9:00 and 9:30. Is this a bug, or maybe they already plan to extend park hours that day ?

Tuvalu

Hi everyone,

I was surprised I was able to pick a half-hour window returntime for my Tower of terror fastpass this august. The park closes at 9:30 this day, and MDE says I need to arrive at the attraction between 9:00 and 9:30. Is this a bug, or maybe they already plan to extend park hours that day ?
It is a glitch. Had the same thing happen when I booked our ToT fastpass for next week. The system eventually caught up and I received a fastpass alert "change" that had the window corrected to an hour.

bpadair32

You can select return times that are less than an hour before park closing. We had a ToT FP+ for 7:25 -8:00 on a night that HS closed at 8. It just recently updated though as they extended the hours to 9.

ToTBellHop

You can select return times that are less than an hour before park closing. We had a ToT FP+ for 7:25 -8:00 on a night that HS closed at 8. It just recently updated though as they extended the hours to 9.
Exactly. The end time of your window won't extend beyond park closing.

FPs can be booked with the latest return time beginning a half hour before park close and will be valid until closing time.

I believe that Disneyland Paris utilizes half-hour return times for normal distribution. (At least they did during my visit)

rct247

It isn't a glitch. It is called a collapsing time window. Back when there was paper fastpass, it did the same thing at the end of the night. Typically, the end of the night doesn't see as much demand so the collapsing windows allows Disney to offer just a few more fastpasses for guest satisfaction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom