Hairdryers???

monkey

Does anyone know if you get hairdryers in the room and if not is there a charge for them?

Also Im from the UK and the voltage in the states is much lower than we have, so I cant take mine as it wont work. Are there any web sites where i can buy a us voltage hairdryer and straightners and get them sent to the uk? We go to the states once a year so they will come in handy.

Thanks

SewIn2Disney

Click Here:
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_hot.htm

Then on the left hand side of the page are all of the resorts. Click on "Fact Sheet" under the Resort you are interested in. It will bring you to a new page. Scroll down a bit to the "accomidations" (or something to that effect....some resorts have different headings such as "guest rooms".) there it will tell you all of the items included in each room (ie: iron, blow dryer, etc).

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

The All-Stars don't. I think all others do.

Don't worry though, they are available at no charge if there is not one already in the room.

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

They should all have them, but I did stay at POR once and there was not one so we simply called the front desk who had one to us in moments. Every other time I have stayed there, I had one in the room so that was odd.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

OK--I've got a couple of ideas.

If you will be renting a car when you get to Florida, the easiest thing would be to buy what you need at Wal-mart. Grocery stores also usually have hair dryers, but I'm not sure about the straightener. (I would just go to Wal-Mart. They will have groceries and snacks, and you can pick up sunscreen, pool shoes, etc that you may have forgotten)

There is a link at drugstore.com for international shipping through internationalorders.com
http://www.international-orders.com...e/siteRouter.do?mallName=comerxia&language=en

You also might try going to the manufacturers' websites. Some brands available here are Conair, Revlon, and Vidal Sassoon.

Something else to think about. The humidity in Florida is brutal. I don't know what kind of hair you have, but you may find that trying to straighten your hair is a lost cause. WDW has many cute and fun hats for sale. Truly, they're your best friend, both from the avoiding sunburn issue and the covering up a bad hair day aspect.

Have a great trip.

On a side note: I was there last week and noticed a lot of families from the UK. Is there some sort of school holiday, or is the exchange rate just so good that you have a good excuse to come?

Upvote 0

monkey

Original Poster
There isn't a school holiday yet in the UK but there will be in the next two weeks, lots of families will usually go in October to avoid the crowds in the summer.

The exchange rate is also excellent at the moment I'm not going to disney until May 05 but i've already got my $ just in cast the rate drops!

Thanks for all your help with regards to the hairdryers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom