Hair Color??

PrncssCinderEly

Original Poster
Ok all...we have discussed in previous threads about hair length...but I need to know about COLOR!!

I am up for a job at my Local Disney Store!! YIPPIE!!

But I am planning on coloring my hair to a lighter shade of blonde (ok very light) and get some red highlights...

Is this something that Disney would disapprove of? Am I gonna break any rules?

Thanks for all the help that I have gotten on this board...you all have been very helpful.

Still Keeping my fingers crossed...Say a little prayer for me..:wave:

Yellow Shoes

Are we talking red, as in auburn or strawberry blonde, i.e., normal hair colors

or are we talking RED like a fire engine?

IMHO, it makes a difference.

If it looks like a normal hair color, the fact that it isn't your natural color shouldn't make a difference.

If, however, you look like a refugee from Barnum & Bailey, the dye job is a bad move.

PrncssCinderEly

Original Poster
Well I know that the blonde is gonna be light..like a beachy feel to it...but was gonna do something shocking like a brilliant red...but since I am looking at this position...I may just take Yellow's advice and tone it down and use maybe the auburn or strawberry blonde highlights...

I was laid off during the summer...and I really haven't been able to afford to go to the salon...so I am hoping to do something special and all..since I feel I deserve it...after that....next year *hoping and wishing* DISNEY in the summer...(maybe the week of my BDay!)

Thanks for all the advice....

DisneyCP2000

Before you go, make sure you check with the disney store first. If you highlight your hair, then go for an interview you may have to dye your back if it's unacceptable. My friend of mine had light blond hair with dark highlights (which was barely noticeable) and they made him get rid of it. they told him it had to be absolutely uniform.

PrncssCinderEly

Original Poster
Well I was gonna wait till after I got the job...don't have the funds with out the 2nd job thing...:(

Do you think that they have different standards for guys than girls when it comes to hair color and stuff? I mean what if that was your friend's natural hair color? Cause that just wouldn't be fair. But thank you so much for the heads up.

*Still praying that I get the job*

DisneyCP2000

I just remembered I still have the offical book with me.
Here's the speil...

The Disney Look
Hair Coloring
The Disney Look does not permit extremes in dyeing, bleaching or coloring. If the hair color is changed, it must be natural looking, well maintained and complemntary to your skin tone.

SnowWhite5669

This is directly from the Disney Store Look Costume Program:
Hair Coloring:
You may dye or highlight your hair to enhance its natural color, provided that they are not extreme dyes, bleaches or tints.

In simple terms, you can get away with a few shades lighter or darker than your natural shade. Don't try anything drastic especially since you are not a cast member yet. I did bleach the front of my hair this summer and they didn't say much but I have been with the company for 3 years. Good Luck

PrncssCinderEly

Original Poster
Oh wow...those are great to see...and yes...i will make sure it is after i get the job...

Reading those two outtakes makes me feel that I should just lighten it to a natural golden blonde and not to the drastic beach blonde look I am used to...even though my skin tone is very light and carry it.

You were a great help...I applaude you for being wonderful CM's and helping out a *hopefully* new CM.

Boy I keep talking about this position...I will probably jinx myself. But I love Disney so much that I have always dreamed of working some way with the Co. What better person to have working in your store than a devoted disney freak?:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom