Had no problems getting my MagicBands despite being from Canada

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
Just wanted to mention my experience from this past December when it came to getting my MagicBands despite being from Canada and not getting them mailed to my house before I left for WDW. I remember someone who didn't live in the United States and posted on here about changing their address on their My Disney Experience profile to the WDW Resort they were staying at, so their MagicBands would be there when they arrived. Anyway when we checked into the Boardwalk Inn our MagicBand box was sitting on the desk where Club Level guests check-in and the colours I requested were inside. So when WDW says the MagicBands will be at your resort when you check-in they are not lying.

Tom

Beta Return
Just wanted to mention my experience from this past December when it came to getting my MagicBands despite being from Canada and not getting them mailed to my house before I left for WDW. I remember someone who didn't live in the United States and posted on here about changing their address on their My Disney Experience profile to the WDW Resort they were staying at, so their MagicBands would be there when they arrived. Anyway when we checked into the Boardwalk Inn our MagicBand box was sitting on the desk where Club Level guests check-in and the colours I requested were inside. So when WDW says the MagicBands will be at your resort when you check-in they are not lying.

Nice of you to confirm this, as it will ease the nerves for several of our international friends on here.

It's important to remember to customize them before the 10-day mark (if not sooner) so you don't end up with gray ones.

Rob562

Just an FYI, there's no need to put the address of the hotel in the address. If you put your home address and the system sees that the address isn't in the U.S. it knows already to send the Bands to the hotel.

-Rob

officialtom

We had a major My Disney Experience malfunction last weekend - less than 10 days out from our trip!!! - and our account somehow got merged with my uncle's family's account. I spent a bit of time on the phone with disney tech support and they were able to separate our accounts completely except for the fact that all of our dining reservations are still showing on my uncle's itinerary. Tech support has no idea how/why it happened or why they can't completely fix it. We're not even listed as friends/family anymore on either account but the reservations just won't separate.

That said, I had costumized our magic bands well over a month ago. Yesterday, I checked to make sure they were still customized despite the MDE glitch, and they were not!!! Moment of panic. So I called the main disney number and they put me right through to the resort, who confirmed our customized magic bands were en route to the resort and will be there when we arrive.

Fingers crossed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom