Gym/Work Out facilities in WDW?

laalaa

Hi everyone. Hope you are all well

We are going to WDW in November with my 16yr old brother. It will be his first time in disney. Staying in All Stars Movies. He wants to know if the following

1. Are there any gyms in WDW?
2. Is there anywhere he can play other sports
3. Can he rent a bike? If so, where?

Thanks for your help

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

We are going to WDW in November with my 16yr old brother. It will be his first time in disney. Staying in All Stars Movies. He wants to know if the following

Thanks for your help

Just going to the parks can be quite a workout, especially if you are going "theme park commando" style.

I really don't see how he's going to have time to try to play any organized sports while trying to tour WDW.

Bicycles can be rented throughout WDW, I don't know if All Stars Movies have them or not. I kinda doubt it!

Just found this : (http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_asm.htm)
allearsnet.com said:
Are there things offered at other Disney hotels that I am not getting as ASM is a budget hotel?

Yes. The ASM does not offer services such as concierge desk, sit down restaurants, marina, recreational opportunities (such as bicycle rental, water sports, tennis), health club facilities, day care facility in the ASM lobby area (such as the Neverland Club at the Polynesian or the Cub's Den at Wilderness Lodge), room service for food other than pizza, and water/monorail transportation to theme parks. However, as a Disney guest, you can participate in these activities at other Disney resorts. Check with Lobby Concierge for additional information

Upvote 0

primetime52

Thanks for your help

I don't know of any public gyms in Disney. Whether or not you have access to a gym will probably depend strictly on whether or not your hotel has one. Most hotels have at least a couple of decent cardio machines, but if he wants to lift weights, he will probably be very limited in that area. Most hotel gyms have a horrible selection of free-weights and resistance training machines.

Upvote 0

disneydudette

As another poster said... I don't see how one would have time to work out while there, especially since there isn't a facility at your resort to do so. He would basically have to take a bus to the park, bus to the resort with a gym, work out, then bus back to a park, and then another bus back to the resort. That hardly seems worth it to me. I do remember being able to pay (I want to say per hour) at the CSR gym... but not sure about the others. There are several gyms on property though.

Disney doesn't really have organized sport locations, but there are beach volleyball and tennis courts on property. Again though, you would have to take time out of your day to get there.

I would recommend maybe spending an afternoon at Fort Wilderness. You can rent bikes there and the trails are pefect for a nice bike ride. There are beach volleyball courts, tennis courts, and even basketball courts located around the resort. You can also go fishing

From Allears.com:
There are so many fun things to do at FW that some campers never leave the resort. Activities/facilities include:

Two lighted tennis courts - complimentary equipment available for resort guests at the Bike Barn. Open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. daily.

Bicycle rental: $7.54 plus tax/1/2 hour, $20.75 plus tax/day. Surrey Bike (2-seater): $16.90 per 1/2 hour. (Prices are estimates, call the Bike Barn at (407) 824-2742 for current pricing.)

Fishing in canals (free) or chartered largemouth bass fishing excursions on Bay Lake, which include a professional guide, refreshments (soft drinks, coffee, hot chocolate & water), fishing gear and a dozen shiners. See our Fishing Excursions page HERE.

Sand volleyball court near Meadow Trading Post

Horseshoes and shuffleboard

Basketball and tetherball courts throughout the resort

Two arcades - Davy Crockett Arcade at Pioneer Hall (near Settlement Depot) is open 7 a.m. to midnight. Daniel Boone Arcade (near Meadow Trading Post) is open 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.

White sand beach

Rental watercraft at Fort Wilderness Marina (open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily) including: 21' Suntracker pontoons ($34.74/half hr), must be 18 to drive; Mercury Water Mice ($21.59/half hour; $27.23/45 minutes; $30.05/one hour), must be 12 and 5 feet tall to drive. Parent or guardian signature required for all drivers 12-18 years old. At the Bike Barn: canoes, kayaks and paddle boats ($6.13 plus tax/1/2 hour; $10.38 plus tax/hour) (Prices are estimates, call the Bike Barn at (407) 824-2742 for current pricing.)

Water skiing, wakeboarding - starting at $140/hour with a 5-guest maximum

Parasailing

Swamp Trail - 3/4 mile loop along the shore of Bay Lake

FW Exercise Trail - 2.3 mile paved and sand path

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

To Confirm...

Health Clubs/Spas/Fitness Centers are available at:

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Zahanati Fitness Center
Disney's Boardwalk Resort - Muscles and Bustles Health Club
Disney's Contemporary Resort - Contemporary Health Club
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort - La Vida Fitness Center
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - The Spa at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - Grand Floridian Spa and Health Club
Disney's Old Key West Resort - Old Key West Resort Fitness Center
Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts - Ship Shape Health Club
The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - Sturdy Branches Health Club

Hours:6:00am - 9:00pm

Age requirements: Guests age 14 to 17 allowed but must be accompanied with a parent or guardian.

Prices: $12 per day per Guest (age 14+) of any other Walt Disney World resort. Complimentary with Massage, Facial, or Body Treatment or for guest of the resort where the fitness center is located.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom