Guest Service issues at Disney Springs

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Here’s a short list of issues at Disney Springs, none of them are major on their own but collectively they add up and really need to be addressed.

- Security / Entrance Experience

This is partially understandable since Disney Springs wasn’t designed with security in mind, but there are several entrances walled off with police barricades. These don’t look professional or inviting. Also, some of the entrances now take you on former backstage routes (behind earl of sandwich for example) - these need to be redesigned.

- Boat Service

It’s a very long walk across the Springs, there should be boat service again. Figure the security thing out, spend the $$$ and just make it happen.

- early closing early

Everything now closes at 11 pm - 11:30 on Friday and Saturday. I’m sure this is partially to save on security and transportation costs but again that’s a downgrade. Used to be open until 2 AM! At least keep it open until midnight nightly.

- bus stop

There used to be 3, and then 2 bus stops, now we are down to 1 and it can be a far walk. The original design with multiple stops was much better for guest experiences. Transferring is also a pain now because you have to exit the bus, enter the springs (by way of police barricades) and then go back around to the bus stops.

nickys

Premium Member
- bus stop

There used to be 3, and then 2 bus stops, now we are down to 1 and it can be a far walk. The original design with multiple stops was much better for guest experiences. Transferring is also a pain now because you have to exit the bus, enter the springs (by way of police barricades) and then go back around to the bus stops.
Curious what’s stopping you just going to the other bus stops? Are they all stopping to drop off at one point and then moving to the various resort bus stops now (as opposed to drop-off and pick-up at the same place)?

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Curious what’s stopping you just going to the other bus stops? Are they all stopping to drop off at one point and then moving to the various resort bus stops now (as opposed to drop-off and pick-up at the same place)?
So there is only 1 bus stop in use now, it’s the rebuilt former Pleasure Island stop.

The other stops (Marketplace and West Side) are no longer used for bus stops.

In addition, the bus drops you off in a separate drop off zone, and then heads to the pickup area.

nickys

Premium Member
So there is only 1 bus stop in use now, it’s the rebuilt former Pleasure Island stop.

The other stops (Marketplace and West Side) are no longer used for bus stops.

In addition, the bus drops you off in a separate drop off zone, and then heads to the pickup area.
That’s what was confusing me. I didn’t notice that last Christmas but it’s quite possible I just wasn’t paying attention!

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
That’s what was confusing me. I didn’t notice that last Christmas but it’s quite possible I just wasn’t paying attention!
It’s not a drastically different area but last night when transferring in the rain it felt like 2 miles haha.

It’s also possible the barricades are new. They force you to walk away from bus boarding to enter the springs and then backtrack if you are transferring.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
Everything now closes at 11 pm - 11:30 on Friday and Saturday. I’m sure this is partially to save on security and transportation costs but again that’s a downgrade. Used to be open until 2 AM! At least keep it open until midnight nightly.
Disney Springs hasn't been open late in years. When they initially rolled out the revamp between 2015-2017, my friends and I would close down the bars frequently. For a while, back when The Edison was at its height, The Landing really was a great place to be again. Sadly, those day are long gone. WDW is sorely lacking in post-park closing enjoyment.

Agreed about the security, it's an absolute fiasco at the Springs. In August, we walked from OKW and thought we could cut in by the House of Blues and Cirque, NOPE. We had to walk all the way down and through Strawberry Lot and back up and around Cirque to the checkpoints. Beyond ridiculous.

DisneyDreamerxyz

Yeah, those security checkpoints need to be redone if it’s permanent which it seems to be. Originally during Covid you had to be heat tested at those checkpoints as well. It all looks kinda cheap and temporary. One time I was walking around where Cirque is and a guard said I wasn’t allowed to walk the way I wanted and I had to go back another way. The security around where Saratoga guests walk from has also baffled me and always makes me nervous even though I’m not doing anything wrong!

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Tonight I just missed a bus back to Disney springs and arrived at 11:09. 2 security guards asked me where I was headed getting off the bus. Told them the Hilton and they were fine but still annoying.

Even more annoying was missing early of sandwich by 9 minutes!!!!! If ANYTHING had been open I would have eaten there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom