News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue and Lightning Lane status

DCLcruiser

Missed it, so I got an individual sucker lane for 9:55. $14. 😒
The ride was awesome. Basically, before 7 AM I selected our party, then it takes you to a page that has a refresh button. At 6:59 I kept clicking it, at 7:00 it let me right in and I accepted. We were on Boarding Group 8, which meant we walked on at rope drop for off-site guests.

I was able to ride it twice thanks to my wife not going, once row 1, once row 10. I recommend row 1. I felt that I was late to the video scenes in row 10.

tparris

The ride was awesome. Basically, before 7 AM I selected our party, then it takes you to a page that has a refresh button. At 6:59 I kept clicking it, at 7:00 it let me right in and I accepted. We were on Boarding Group 8, which meant we walked on at rope drop for off-site guests.

I was able to ride it twice thanks to my wife not going, once row 1, once row 10. I recommend row 1. I felt that I was late to the video scenes in row 10.
Personally I feel that rows 9 & 10 deliver slightly more intense g forces, but rows 1 & 2 feel somewhat faster due to the lack of anything in front of you to block the wind.

DCLcruiser

Personally I feel that rows 9 & 10 deliver slightly more intense g forces, but rows 1 & 2 feel somewhat faster due to the lack of anything in front of you to block the wind.
Yea, the rear of roller coaster trains usually give more whiplash. Unfortunately, you show up late to each video scene/audio, so I felt like I missed part of the show. In row 1 (my usual preference for coasters), I was front row for the action.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Umm... actually...

In the first launch, rows 1 & 2 have the entire train blocking the wind for them! ;)

tparris

Umm... actually...

In the first launch, rows 1 & 2 have the entire train blocking the wind for them! ;)
Umm… actually…

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the first Disney Omnicoaster, meaning its vehicles make controlled rotations to ensure guests are always engrossed in the action. “Our Disney Imagineers actually created this new technology and hold a patent as to how it is accomplished,” says Wyatt Winter, Senior Show Producer. “What makes it unique is the ability to program and control that rotation to specific locations or times and allow guests to focus on the show taking place around them.” ;)

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 191 Stats (12/5):
7am: 4.9 secs
1pm: 4345.7 secs, or ~1 hour 13 mins
6pm: 999.8 secs, or ~17 mins

BG 174 (-6) is the last BG called during regular park hours at 8:27pm.

For EEH, resumed at 9:01pm with BG's 175-186, with BG 218 as the last BG called for the day at 10:30pm.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
12:20 - 12:43pm
4:08 - 4:24pm
6:58 - 7:31pm

Average pace: 4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 18.1s -> 17.6s (-0.5s)
1pm: 51m -> 52m (+1m)
6pm: 16m -> 16m (+0)

That does it for Day 191 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-306.png

Twirlnhurl

It seems as though Disney defied a lot of our expectations by maintaining boarding groups much longer than Ratatouille or Rise of the Resistance. Does anyone think there is any chance that boarding groups will continue at Cosmic Rewind after Tron opens at Magic Kingdom?

surfsupdon

Will I be able to grab a Guardians free boarding group at 7a if I have a park pass to DHS with a park hopper ticket?

Slinky is the other big drawer for genie+.

Which ride should I go after first to make sure I get both? Guardians BG then Slinky G+ then ILL Rise?

I am going with a 1st timer for one day only to DHS/Epcot. 1 Day Park Hopper was comped so we are ok to spend money on the extras!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Will I be able to grab a Guardians free boarding group at 7a if I have a park pass to DHS with a park hopper ticket?

Slinky is the other big drawer for genie+.

Which ride should I go after first to make sure I get both? Guardians BG then Slinky G+ then ILL Rise?

I am going with a 1st timer for one day only to DHS/Epcot. 1 Day Park Hopper was comped so we are ok to spend money on the extras!

No. The 7am Virtual Queue requires you to have an EPCOT park reservation.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 192 Stats (12/6):
7am: 67.5 secs
1pm: 11988.4 secs, or ~4 hours 20 mins

BG 187 (+13) is the last BG called for the day at 8:30pm.

Notable 15+ min stoppages today:
10:29 - 11:03am

Average pace: 4mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 13m -> 12m (-1m)
1pm: 1hr 28m -> 1hr 30m (+2m)

That does it for Day 192 of GotG: CR!
scatter_plot-283.png

CaptinEO

Don't stress too much. If you don't get the 7am drop, the 1pm drop is really easy to get.

If you really want at 7am BG, have another clock open (time.gov works), then when it hits exactly 7:00:00, insta-tap the refresh button which then turns into join button. Don't wait, just keep tapping way. Do not pull down to refresh.

Also different from DL (iirc), you do not need to be in the park for the first drop as long you have a park reservation. You do need to tap into the park sometime before the 1pm drop.
You rock! Got Group 18 for today using your time.gov advice! Thank you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom