News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mike S

Join the club. I've already asked someone on here before and shortly after the ride closed. Sadly, no luck. I wanted a small piece of the mural or some of the mirrors. I have a feeling all the mirrors will be scrapped but it's been rumored half the mural was saved. Would've been neat to have a small square of the mural, especially if part of it was going to be trashed. Buuuuuttt...

I have a feeling this is going to be how it ends up. They just released a pin last year of WoM that had bits of a yellow chair in it...
"This PODH pin at WDW features a piece from the World of Motion attraction at Epcot! It contains a piece of the lawn chair from in the attraction, which closed on January 2, 1996 to make way for Test Track." Source: https://disneypinsblog.com/new-disney-pins-august-2017-week-3/
World-of-Motion-PODH-Pin.jpg

What a complete waste.
When it’s something that random how can we even know it’s from the ride? Disney should take a page from Universal’s prop shop. They sell full props from past attractions for a high price and I see people on IU always buying them. Disney could make a killing.

trainplane3

When it’s something that random how can we even know it’s from the ride? Disney should take a page from Universal’s prop shop. They sell full props from past attractions for a high price and I see people on IU always buying them. Disney could make a killing.
True, but take that pin as an example. 1,500 pins at $15.99 would bring in $23,985. I don't think anyone would spend anywhere near that for a chair, even if it was used in an attraction (okay, maybe at those auctions you see out west). It's easy to see why they do it.

Cesar R M

#1 rule of riding coasters there, keep your mouth closed! Especially at night. Night rides on Magnum are truly the best though. I'll never argue with that.

And, they didn't remove it. They dumped the wood track and cranked it up to 11.

Surprising how fast the chain engages.. most rides I've been on.. the car stops then the chain engages to lift the car up.

The ride also feels like a hyped up classic wood ride. Not the new super simplified metal ones (structure wise).

Cesar R M

Maybe they need to protect their IP? I dunno but it seems that almost everything from Disney ends in a landfill o_o

trainplane3

Surprising how fast the chain engages.. most rides I've been on.. the car stops then the chain engages to lift the car up.

The ride also feels like a hyped up classic wood ride. Not the new super simplified metal ones (structure wise).
That's because it really is a hyped up wood coaster. They used most of the original structure and modified it for the overhaul. They added 40ft to the lift hill itself. I could post the official POV from Cedar Point but, for the true Mean Streak experience, here's this video with all the shaking and screeching:

And two comparisons of the before and after (not going to embed to save page space for relevant conversation):
https://i.redd.it/xs695hcwtftz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5sV3HXVAAA5aCG.jpg

Skibum1970

Put a few cinder blocks under the back part and it'd make a great seating for a home theater!

That is just what I was thinking when I read your post. It would be fun to have a home theater with old ride cars (but with added cushions). You could hang a tray for food and drink on the side.

Skibum1970

That's because it really is a hyped up wood coaster. They used most of the original structure and modified it for the overhaul. They added 40ft to the lift hill itself. I could post the official POV from Cedar Point but, for the true Mean Streak experience, here's this video with all the shaking and screeching:

And two comparisons of the before and after (not going to embed to save page space for relevant conversation):
https://i.redd.it/xs695hcwtftz.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5sV3HXVAAA5aCG.jpg

Yes, that coaster screeched quite loudly. Loud lift hill and all. I always thought the nickname of "Mean Screech" was both apropos and hilarious.

trainplane3

Did you ever have to wait in that area between the show building and the wedge on a hot sunny day? It edu-tained me on what it must be like to be in a microwave.
Maybe wasn't the sunniest, but I did.

On the last day. Lots of fun people in line too. But I agree, it did feel warmer in that area then it did 15ft from where I got in line. I can only imagine what it was like when it got massive lines on a hot summer day.

sedati

On the last day. Lots of fun people in line too. But I agree, it did feel warmer in that area then it did 15ft from where I got in line. I can only imagine what it was like when it got massive lines on a hot summer day.
I just remember waiting there back in the Epcot Center days, watching the clock in the tile and hoping that the time before the next preshow would come in before my poor father's patience ran out.

DreamfinderGuy

Ah yes, I was one of the very first people in that line when they first opened it. Cast even showed me that they were setting it up, so I went in for one more ride and then got in line. Since I was one of the last people into Theatre 1 and got a sub-par seat, I really wish I would've spent those two hours riding it a few more times instead of standing in line. It was hot, but fun meeting other Epcot nerds there! True shame that it died like that

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom