Grocery Shopping in WDW?

syst0aac

My wife and I have a chance to stay at some of the condo's with kitchens at the Wilderness lodge. We won't have a car, since we will be taking the bus in from the airport. Is it possible to get groceries in the park, without a car? (We are trying not to spend so much eating out).

Thanks -

tkdmom

I am pretty sure the Wilderness Lodge is part of the Vacation Club resorts. If so, those resorts usually provide convenience type foods for purchase in a small store in the lobby.

You will not have much to chose from and you will pay Disney prices for what you purchase.

Right outside Disney property are several full service grocery stores including Goodings, Publix and Wal-Mart. The Publix and Wal-Mart have the best selection and prices, but I don't know if it would be worth a cab fare to go shopping.

Hope that helps!

Upvote 0

xx_lilo_xx

there are some shopps that u can oder food on line and get it delivered to you hotel. gardengrocer.com is one of them uk customer have to us print and call thought and in the sign up forms at the bottom you have to writer you'r a uk customer

Upvote 0

tkdmom

I forgot! You can order groceries from Disney before you go We have never used the service, and I think it's a little pricy. The variety is better than the little store, however.

I just checked my Planning Guide that advises grocery order forms are available on the website: dvcmember.com.

Upvote 0

Frosty466

The Wilderness Lodge has some groceries avalible in their gift shop area. Basics; milk, beer & wine, snacks, packaged stuffs (I think I saw a hamburger help box) fresh fruit. You may want to use one of those delivery services if you have menu planed out.

Upvote 0

syst0aac

Original Poster
Very Helpful

Thanks for all the ideas! Gardengrocier.com looks like it will fit the bill for most of our food - but it is good to know that you can pick up a few basics in the lobby.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Some of the transportation from the airports make a complimentary stop at a grocery store on the way to Disney. this doesnt include magical express, though. probably the cheapest way to eat at Disney is the dining plan. have a magical stay.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom