Grocery delivery vs. Resort store

BeanCounterBob

I know that there are several options out there for a delivery service, and that Disney charges a few bucks to have these delivered. But here is my question...... I am really looking to have eggs, cheese, coffee, lunch meat, snacks and some bottles of water in the room. I will have a DVC villa; so there will be a kitchen. Do you think it will be cheaper to get all those basics from the hotel store, or delivered? My thinking is that we will cook breakfast in the room everyday for a week. Then we will need some snacks in the room for the evening.
My other thought is that it may be cheaper to get everything at the hotel store and not have to wait on a delivery.

But what are everyone's thoughts on prices between the two?

NelleBelle

Has anyone done an Uber run to Publix/Walmart and lick items up and then returned via Uber (or Lyft)? Just wondering how that fared (pun intended, I guess ) 😉

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

So I used Shipt on my trip last month. I was at the resort that evening anyway so I just went down and met her at the entrance. If you meet the delivery person, there obviously is no charge by Disney. My shopper was a furloughed Disney cast member that was waiting to be called back. This was her only job at the time and she said that she has been getting a few orders from guests staying at WDW. So this is another option for those who want a few things from the store.

Upvote 0

Nangan

I find grocery delivery the best option! It's more convenient and cheaper this way. Every time my family and I travel to new places, we always choose to order all the products online, rather than going to the local shops. We appeal only to Instacart or Shipt delivery services, because you can easily do shopping from the app. Besides that, there is a large list of supermarkets that collaborate with them, and you'll have a wider variety of choice. You should try it, I'm sure you'll be pleased with their approach.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom