Great trip, unexpected pleasant surprises

Just returned from WDW and our trip was wonderful. When we travel, I like to plan a detailed itinerary. Although we did stick to a great portion of our plan, some of the deviations turned out to be the best moments. The day we were at MK, we were greeted with huge crowds. ABC was taping the Christmas Parade, so I didn't think we were going to be able to walk down Main Street. We were allowed to walk by, behind the roped off area on the sidewalk. Even though we weren't allowed to cross over the ropes and stand to watch the parade (and possibly get on TV), once we got near the castle, cast members let us stand and watch the floats and parade participants come through. We didn't plan on this and I wanted to get to FantasyLand to beat some of the crowds, but since there weren't many people standing where we were, we stayed and all of the characters waved to my 13 mos. old son as they passed by. The look on his face was priceless! It was great. All of the attractions that we went on that day were ones that we did not have a chance to ride in the past. So instead of waiting for the Haunted Mansion that we were in before (and that I love) we were able to get into Philharmagic fairly quick. Again, my son loved it! Since he was tired, we left the park around 4pm. Our plan was to try to get him on Small World, but since it was so warm, we were able to enjoy the pool back at Coronado Springs. This was the first time that we actually took the time to enjoy the Disney resort, we usually run from park to park. CS is absolutely amazing and beautiful. I'm so happy we took the time to enjoy it. EPCOT was great! As DisneyVisa Card member, we were able to do character meet and greet. Line was very long and I didn't know if we should wait, but I am glad we did. Got great pics of baby hugging Minnie and squeezing her nose! Adorable. Planned Segway tour and Candlelight Processional. Best choices ever! Everyone should do Segway tour. We had such a great time! Candlelight Processional was so moving and beautiful, it is a must see. I didn't plan to stay for Illuminations, but baby took nap in stroller was geared up for rest of evening. We were able to meet up with friends that were also visiting EPCOT and had a great time. Overall, this was one of the best trips ever. I can't stress enough how great it is to stay on property, and the Magical Express worked out well. This trip, we slowed down from our usual pace, but it allowed us to see and experience some wonderful moments that are all part of Disney magic. Thanks to everyone that gave advice in helping to plan trip, although some of the unplanning really made for some great memories. Disney in December.....everyone needs to experience this magical season. Happy planning (and unplanning!)

CAPTAIN HOOK

leeseem said:
Thanks to everyone that gave advice in helping to plan trip, although some of the unplanning really made for some great memories. Disney in December.....everyone needs to experience this magical season.
A little bit of spontaneity helps to increase the Magic of Disney - Thanks for sharing your trip

Nemo14

Great report! I too am a planner, but it helps to be flexible when you have little ones around. Our kids always amazed us when they were young and going to WDW. I always planned for afternoon naps, but little did I know that they'd skip them entirely! They actually had a lot more stamina than we did! :lol:

Glad you had such a magical trip! There's nothing like seeing WDW through the eyes of your child!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom