Grand Marshall - How to Nominate?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
My friend's husband is back (and just retired) from service in Iraq. He was a helicopter pilot and was teaching the new Iraqi military how to fly.

Just over a year ago, his helicopter exploded from an IUD on the landing pad. His partner was killed and he barely made it out alive.

It took him a year of intense surgeries and therapy to walk again. He was awarded a Purple Heart.

They have 2 twin girls and a son - all under age 8.

They are going to WDW to celebrate his retirement and I'm wondering if I know their itinerary, could I make some magic happen and speak with someone about having he and his family Grand Marshall in the parade? We've been there in the past and I know they feature many returning vets.

Any suggestions?

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Thanks! I was hoping someone on here had an "in" with the appropriate contact to arrange it. If anyone has such contacts, please hit me up! :)

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
I do not know, so that's why I making the inquiry. One option would be for him to carry the flag in the flag retreat which would be extremely special.

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Oh wow, I forgot I'm on a facebook group that has current/past CM's and Disney Park fans and I posted this same question about 30 min ago and it's blown up - someone is trying to hep me hook it up as we speak!

I hope your friend will be acknowledge during his stay, one way or another. He deserves a little extra magic, that's for sure.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Yes! One guy stepped forward and is going above and beyond. He worked at Disney is in management at Sea World and he is an army vet himself. He had put together a team of people at Disney planning magic for check in, their room, meals and it's looking like the flag retreat. He's also hooking them up with a entire free day at Sea World.

It's going to be amazing!

Last edited:

Figaro928

Yes! One guy stepped forward and is going above and beyond. He worked at Disney is in management at Sea World and he is an army vet himself. He had put together a team of people at Disney planning magic for check in, their room, meals and it's looking like the flag retreat. He's also hooking then up with a entire free day at Sea World.

It's going to be amazing!
So awesome! glad to hear!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom