Grand Floridian Request?

Kdoc

First post. I am arriving at GF at the start of June. We shelled out the big bucks even with the discount to stay there for our tenth wedding anniversary. I have never made a request at a Disney resort for a particular room or house assignement because I usually like the suprise. This being a special occasion, I am curious if anyone feels there is a special house or area to request (be it convenience, view, or romance)? We are taking the kids (3 and 6).

Marijil

We just stayed there for our tenth. The sugar loaf bldg is concierge but less expensive than main bldg. We loved it. Its right in the middle of everything

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi KDoc,

Welcome to the board. Happy anniversary, too. Don't forget to tell Disney it's your anniversary.

Are you staying in a standard room or concierge? That affects the room recommendation.

Sincerely,

Len

Upvote 0

Kdoc

Original Poster
We are in garden view, which is usually what we request at each hotel. I did let them know when we booked that it was our annivarsary. That being said should I fax a request for something or leave it to fate? Big issues with the wife and kids are access to drinks and breakfast on the run, and relatively easy access to the transportation. Having never stayed at the GF, but having eaten there several times, it seems to be easy to get around with no far away rooms (i.e., the time we stayed in a garden view at the Contemp. and had about the furthest room from everything except Bay Lake). I have heard the dormer rooms are nice but they are smaller. Are the concierge rooms any bigger or is it just the service that comes with it?

Thanks for the congrats.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom