Grad night in May

riverman

Original Poster
Thanks for all your help with my past few guestions> I have learned a lot from these forums. One more guestion. Going in early May and someone suggested that the May hours were not posted yet because of Grad night. How does that affect non grads (that was 31 years ago!) like us from using the parks. Will it be a problem with transportation as we are staying in the world and does it affect all parks. Thanks for you help.

jcmayid

Riverman, in my past experience it does not affect the transportation or the use of MGM, Epcot, and Animal Kingdom. The reason why they close Magic Kingdom so early is because nightly they revamp the hell out of that place and make it so damn cool for the grads, it was the best fun I have ever had at MK. You can bet they will close MK around 5-6pm. I could be wrong though but this is as accurate as I could get it.

JCMAYID:D :cool:

riverman

Original Poster
Thanks JCMAYID. Are you saying that anyone can get into MK on the grad night or just grads. IF we can how busy would it be over a regular night. Thanks

jcmayid

No Pal, no MK for you that night, exclusively to Grads only. The only way you could get in is if you have some connection to be a chaperone for one of the schools. You are pretty much out of luck, and yes it is extremely packed. They close off some sections and have about 4-5 clubs open up, people partying, dancing, DJ's rocking the place. I don't think you would like to be there anyway, everyone is about the same age. The great thing though it is open till about 5am, but you wont be able to get in anyway.

riverman

Original Poster
Thanks once again JCMAYID. I learn something new every day. Speaking of days just 30 to go until 7 nights split between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge and all the parks. Doing it up right for the first ever visit!

jcmayid

Very cool dude, you are really going to enjoy BOTH, but for me Animla kingdom Lodge takes the cake, very beautiful. You will be flabbergasted. I am glad you can do it right the first time, for me, 3 more days, till I spend Fri-Sun. Hey it may not be long but I go about 5-8 times a year so I really can't complain. Anyway, don't forget your binoculars, you'll kick yourself, and plan to spend one full day in each hotel just taking in the sights and the pools, oooooof, very cool pools, awesome themes. When you stay at AKL, make sure you tell them to give you a real high room, that way you are not bothered by the noise. Heard of people complaining about that. Other than that, have fun, and get back to us with details on how it went. :D :D :D :cool: :cool:

bvolguards

I AGREE JCMAYID.......IVE STAYED IN ALMOST EVERY DISNEY RESORT AND ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE IS PROBABLY THE BEST (ALTHOUGH THE BEACH CLUB ROCKS TOO).....THERES NOTHING LIKE WAKING UP INT HE MORNING, LOOKING OUT YOUR WINDOW AND SEEING GIRAFFES AND RHINO'S LIKE 100 FEET AWAY......AND I THINK BOMBA'S IS MY NEW FAV RESTURANT.....THE POOLS ARE PRETTY GOOD TOO AND I REALLY DIDNT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE NOISE..ALTHOUGH WE WERE PRETTY FAR FROM THE LOBBY......SO ANYWAY RIVERMAN YOULL HAVE A GREAT TIME

jcmayid

Tommy,

There are several dates fro Gradnite, I think it is about 2 weeks long. Your best bet is to call Disney and ask about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom