Gourmet pantry

polyman 65

Original Poster
Is any part of the Gourmet pantry still there or is the building now completely the earl of sandwich.Is the earl of sandwich open?Im not a happy camper about the change to the Gourmet pantry,I have for some reason loved that store since the 70s,but I still miss Minnies pizzaria and the restaurant where rainforest is at now:cry:

ISTCrew20

The Gourment Pantry, as far as I know, Is still closed. There is know part of the original store still there. They also changed the shop next to it, that used to be the kitchenware shop, into a Goofy's Candy Company shop

(Sour Gummy Mickey Ears...Now 25 cents more expensive, In a trendy new green bag)

polyman 65

Original Poster
Has anyone heard of an opening date for the Earl of Sandwich? How could they get rid of the pantry:cry: :cry: It better be one good sandwich,they should have put the Earl in the space where that stuped soap store is at.:lol:

BeachClubVillas

When I was there in June, the part of the Gourmet Pantry that sold kitchen supplies was still open. But the part that sold the food and candy and fudge and good stuff like that was totally gone. I seem to remember that the Earl of Sandwich was almost done at that point, so I would assume that it would be open now, unless they ran into some problems.

I totally agree, though, I loved the Gourmet Pantry and I will miss it. I always found lots of souveniers for friends and family in there!

polyman 65

Original Poster
Thanks for your support :xmas: I will be there in 16 days I'll be the guy crying outside the Earl of sandwich wanting the Pantry back (lots of childhood memories there from the 70s there):cry:

ead79

I certainly hope that they find a place to sell those fabulous cookies from the Gourmet Pantry! They are positively amazing, especially the raspberry white chocolate one! I heard a rumor somewhere or another a while back that the new Earl of Sandwich might still sell some of GP's baked goods.

tduck

when I was there in Oct. Goofy's candy store was open on one side. The Earl of sandwich had a sign open soon. They were suppose to open sometime in the fall. well oct. is fall to me. I heard they are having money problems. I miss gourmet pantry too.

Pippa

Originally posted by ead79
I certainly hope that they find a place to sell those fabulous cookies from the Gourmet Pantry! They are positively amazing, especially the raspberry white chocolate one! I heard a rumor somewhere or another a while back that the new Earl of Sandwich might still sell some of GP's baked goods.

Don't despair the rasberry white chocolate cookis are alive and well in Goofys candy store, I know this because I ate far too many last week and now I need WeightWtachers! :lol:

Cri-Kee

Originally posted by Pippa
Don't despair the rasberry white chocolate cookis are alive and well in Goofys candy store, I know this because I ate far too many last week and now I need WeightWtachers! :lol:

wow, thanks for letting us know that the raspberry white chocolate cookies are still there. I had forgotten all about them , til I read about them here, I love all of the small things that make WDW great, like the cookies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom