Got my tickets!!! Woo hoo!!! When do you get your magicbands?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok I just ordered my tickets through wdw online, I saw no mention of magicbands or color selection....do they not ship them with ticket purchase? Do I have to make my hotel reservation to get them prior? New to this....bear with me....;)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You have to have a WDW resort reservation to get the complimentary magic bands. You can't get them just by adding tickets. You can purchase a magic band though if you won't have a resort reservation or if you want a special one with the designs. :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oh thanks....will make my resort reservation tomorrow and add it to my MDE. So what does one do offsite? They ship a hard card like the past which you can swap for a band at guest services in the park?

Rob562

Oh thanks....will make my resort reservation tomorrow and add it to my MDE. So what does one do offsite? They ship a hard card like the past which you can swap for a band at guest services in the park?

MagicBands are in no way required in the parks. If you're staying off-site (or are someone onsite who just doesn't want to wear a Band), you just tap your plastic ticket to the readers at the front gates, FP+, etc. Does the exact same thing as a Band.

For those who are staying off-site and buy a Band, it's mostly just for a convenience factor for park entrance and FP+. There's no dining plan, no room charging, etc. available to those not at a Disney hotel.

-Rob

danlb_2000

Premium Member

They will send you a card like in the past which can be used for park entry and Fastpassses, or you can purchase a magic band if you want it.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok I am about to check out from making a resort reservation and no mention of magicbands either, just says they will ship me my documents? Trying to chat with a good fairy but she is busy....is this something that is generated closer to November? Will I get to select my color? HELP!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Ok I am about to check out from making a resort reservation and no mention of magicbands either, just says they will ship me my documents? Trying to chat with a good fairy but she is busy....is this something that is generated closer to November? Will I get to select my color? HELP!
Are you staying on-site in a Disney resort, or off-site?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
When your resort reservation is tied to your MDE account, you should be able to go into your MDE and see these options:
MDE.PNG

If you don't, them something isn't linked correctly.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Do I choose those on the MDE site later? I just assumed it was something you did at checkout of reservation?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Oh thanks luvthegoof....for some reason that post did not appear on thread til just now....will check out and go play at MDE....thanks so much for your quick assistance....the fairy godmother chat was busy but surely thanks you as well! :happy:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Oh thanks luvthegoof....for some reason that post did not appear on thread til just now....will check out and go play at MDE....thanks so much for your quick assistance....the fairy godmother chat was busy but surely thanks you as well! :happy:
You're welcome! Good luck!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
WOW I just found the perfect magicband for me.....
s-l300.jpg
and if I decide to make it the smaller version I still keep the image and just loose the grey edge. Makes me :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom