Got my Magicband in the mail today, super cool! Questions about it....

Southampton11968

Original Poster
It just arrived in the mail today for my trip next month, how exciting! The design of the presentation box and band itself looks like Apple designed it! I picked orange and the color matches my Iphone cover. I love the way they have personalized it with your name on the box and band.

Just some questions to anyone who has used it already. Is it waterproof? I looked online and maybe I missed it but did not get the answer. Also is there any downside to using it? Has anyone encountered any problems with it not working, i.e. being locked out of your room or had trouble getting into any of the parks? I also scheduled some of my Fastpass times, any trouble there?

Leave it to Disney for making the anticipation of your trip to WDW even more exciting, BRAVO!

Tom

Beta Return
I haven't used it, but can answer a couple of your questions.

First, yes it is waterproof. Disney has designed it so that it can be worn to the pool and even the waterparks, saving you the need of carrying cash, credit cards or a room key with you.

As for the reliability, the general consensus from those who have used them is that they're working fairly well. It seems as if the majority of the issues are because of back-end problems - not with the RFID reading.

However, they are still issuing Key to the World cards, as of right now. I don't think we have heard when they'll officially stop giving them out as backup media, so you will most likely receive KttW cards when you check in.

dreamscometrue

We just got back from using them for 10 days and loved them! They were, of course, our room keys, park tickets, used for purchases, and awesomely convenient for our fastpass+ bookings (no kiosks or paper tickets), but the last day of our trip, they were even being scanned for our photopass pics. The pictures showed up on the NEW photopass website.

One tip for using them...when you try to touch the Mickey head on your band to the one on the 'pole' for park entry or when making purchases, 'roll' your wrist and get Mickey Ears on your band to Mickey Ears on the unit.

Oh yeah, they are completely waterproof, the battery lasts for 2 years (our APs are attached to them) and you can get cotton 'slip covers' for them. We bought a pack of 3 at the POP Century gift shop, and ours were 'Haunted Mansion', 'Tiki Room' and 'Small World' themed. :)

Enjoy!

Alison1975

we have been using ours for 2 weeks. Daughter lost hers in the wave pool at BB.. luckily we had 2 sets.. son had one of his closure things break off.. again we had a second set so no worries!! Love them!

Rob562

Oh yeah, they are completely waterproof, the battery lasts for 2 years (our APs are attached to them) and you can get cotton 'slip covers' for them. We bought a pack of 3 at the POP Century gift shop, and ours were 'Haunted Mansion', 'Tiki Room' and 'Small World' themed. :)

Just a little FYI, the battery only powers one of the three systems in the Band. It's the one that allows systems to "see" your Band from a distance.
The close-proximity systems (park entrance, room key, FP+, tap-to-pay, etc) are all passive un-powered ones and will work indefinitely, even after the battery dies.

-Rob

MOXOMUMD

We just got back from using them for 10 days and loved them! They were, of course, our room keys, park tickets, used for purchases, and awesomely convenient for our fastpass+ bookings (no kiosks or paper tickets), but the last day of our trip, they were even being scanned for our photopass pics. The pictures showed up on the NEW photopass website.

One tip for using them...when you try to touch the Mickey head on your band to the one on the 'pole' for park entry or when making purchases, 'roll' your wrist and get Mickey Ears on your band to Mickey Ears on the unit.

Enjoy!
How much were the slip covers?

dreamscometrue

Just a little FYI, the battery only powers one of the three systems in the Band. It's the one that allows systems to "see" your Band from a distance.
The close-proximity systems (park entrance, room key, FP+, tap-to-pay, etc) are all passive un-powered ones and will work indefinitely, even after the battery dies.

-Rob

Thanks for that info Rob.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom