Goofy's Magic Measure

MKCustodial

Original Poster
I read about it on this month's Disney Magazine, and thought it was really interesting. So I'd like to know if it's working OK, if it's being well received by Guests and if there's any chance of seeing it at the other parks.

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Originally posted by DCA Fan
Haven't heard of it. What is it?

According to the Disney Magazine, it's "a new height-check system for the vertically challenged (most are called "kids"). The system uses as ultrasound beam to measure guests, who are then issued color-coded wrist bands to signify which attractions they can experience. If it's a hit with guests, the measuring method may move to other parks."

DCA Fan

Oh, so that's what it's called. I saw it at work the last time I was at DCA, but I don't remember them using ultrasound. All I remember was a long pole (ruler) where kids get measured and given the appropriate wristband. It looks like the system is working well, keeps the lines moving easier.

Yellow Shoes

Not only do the lines move better, but it eliminates the stress and frustration of being turned away at a ride.

Try to imagine for a moment, a child turned away from, say, Test Track, Tower of Terror, etc. for being too short. It is not a pretty sight.

With the wristband system, it is a done deal, you can ease the child into the reality of not being able to ride, etc.

The best part is that the measurement is taken once and there is less subjective judgment at each ride.

We have run into this at other parks, where admission is based on height. Our son was just right at 48 inches (or whatever) and paid adult admission. Yet he was measured at every ride. One ride we rode in the morning we couldn't in the afternoon--different employee was on duty. We were on our way out of the park, so I didn't make a fuss, but it is rather annoying to pay full price, yet be denied boarding. A wrist band system makes perfect sense.

MKCustodial

Original Poster
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
Not only do the lines move better, but it eliminates the stress and frustration of being turned away at a ride.

Try to imagine for a moment, a child turned away from, say, Test Track, Tower of Terror, etc. for being too short. It is not a pretty sight.

With the wristband system, it is a done deal, you can ease the child into the reality of not being able to ride, etc.

The best part is that the measurement is taken once and there is less subjective judgment at each ride.

We have run into this at other parks, where admission is based on height. Our son was just right at 48 inches (or whatever) and paid adult admission. Yet he was measured at every ride. One ride we rode in the morning we couldn't in the afternoon--different employee was on duty. We were on our way out of the park, so I didn't make a fuss, but it is rather annoying to pay full price, yet be denied boarding. A wrist band system makes perfect sense.

I know what you mean. That's why I like the certificates they give out at Big Thunder and Splash. I suppose other attractions might give them out as well. They say the child couldn't experience the attraction during that trio but that he or she should bring that certificate back with them on their next trip, when they were tall enough, and they'd have front of the line privilege.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom