Goodbye Mr Rogers

Chernabog

Original Poster
When I think of Disney I think of my childhood happiness and part of that is the shows that I watched. For those of you who are unaware, Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood) passed away today at the age of 74 from stomach cancer. While Barney says "I love you, you love me" and Elmo reminds us "Elmo loves you" Mister Rogers always told us that "we are loved" by everyone around us. I will miss this part of my childhood dearly. My neighborhood just won't be the same anymore. :(

It's such a good feeling to know you're alive. A very happy feeling, a feeling insde and when you wake up happy today, you say "I'll make a snappy new day" It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling that I'll be back....when the day is new...and I'll have more ideas for you. And you'll have things you want to talk about.... I will too.

Irrawaddy Erik

I totally agree. I was raised on Mr. Rogers during the 80's. He was a huge advocate of music education and was a huge influence in my life for becoming a Music Education Major. Because he was a member of my fraternity (Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia a men's music fraternity) I was fortunate enough to meet him early in 2001 and was one of my most memorable moments in my life.

Thank you for your love of life, music and most of all children.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom