Good time to go to Disneyland Paris next year?

MarkTwain

Original Poster
We're debating taking a trip to France next year (we're from the US), and since we're not sure if/when we'll ever make it back over there, we want to make sure the timing's good. Is next summer going to be a good time to go as far as DLP? We're thinking of going around June, but it's hard to keep track of all the refurbishments.

It sounds like Phantom Manor will be freshly reopened, Space Mountain may or may not be getting its Hyperspace Mountain layover removed... any other rumors for what might be open or closed around then? We're also debating whether we should go another year entirely. I know DSP is a few years away from getting a bunch of new attractions, but we're not too concerned about those right now.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

Robbiem

June is a nice time to visit Paris, cant say what will be open or closed but that applies to any park really

Anytime in the summer is nice for Paris itself, the locals decamp to the riviera and the city is less busy and more manageable its my favourite time to visit

cjkeating

We're debating taking a trip to France next year (we're from the US), and since we're not sure if/when we'll ever make it back over there, we want to make sure the timing's good. Is next summer going to be a good time to go as far as DLP? We're thinking of going around June, but it's hard to keep track of all the refurbishments.

It sounds like Phantom Manor will be freshly reopened, Space Mountain may or may not be getting its Hyperspace Mountain layover removed... any other rumors for what might be open or closed around then? We're also debating whether we should go another year entirely. I know DSP is a few years away from getting a bunch of new attractions, but we're not too concerned about those right now.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone :)

June sounds like a good time, I'd avoid July/August simply because of the summer crowds.

I think the attractions which are most at risk from being closed are Ratatouille and RNRC however you are getting Rat in the US and you already have RNRC so I don't think they are massive losses.

From a seasonal perspective of what you should have going on in June... you will have the Marvel season in WDSP along with Mickey and the Magician which is unmissable. In the main park you will have the unannounced late spring/summer festival (rumoured to have a Lion King/Jungle Book theme) along with hopefully the new Lion King show.

Ride closures should be minimal in Disneyland Park however they have had a D/E ticket closed almost continually for the past 4-5 years for refurbishment so don't be surprised if something is down but that is just luck of the draw.

Disneyland Park is a stunning park and well worth a trip now and then you can look forward to another visit after the WDSP expansion. :)

GlowFlow

I've been in the spring (May) and I've also been, most recently, in October (2017). Neither time was as crowded as I've seen WDW during those same periods. May was a little less crowded than October, since I went for the Halloween Party (it did NOT get as crowded as MNSSHP in Orlando, however).

I think any time of year except for the dead of summer (June/July - September) would be a good time to go to Disneyland Paris.

Unlike Disneyland in the US there is no covered parking garage, and unlike either Disney park in the US there is no monorail for DLP, so keep in mind there is a LOT of walking to get inside the park. If you've ever been to Universal Studios in Orlando, it's something similar with the airport-style moving walkways and what not. I had the misfortune of being there when it started to rain. By the time I got back to my car I was soaked and miserable. I would take an umbrella even if no rain was predicted. You never know.

Also compared to Disney parks in the states, expect to not see some of the snack staples (I don't recall turkey legs or funnel cakes or rice krispy treats).

MarkTwain

Original Poster
Thanks for the help everyone!

June sounds like a good time, I'd avoid July/August simply because of the summer crowds.

I think the attractions which are most at risk from being closed are Ratatouille and RNRC however you are getting Rat in the US and you already have RNRC so I don't think they are massive losses.

From a seasonal perspective of what you should have going on in June... you will have the Marvel season in WDSP along with Mickey and the Magician which is unmissable. In the main park you will have the unannounced late spring/summer festival (rumoured to have a Lion King/Jungle Book theme) along with hopefully the new Lion King show.

Ride closures should be minimal in Disneyland Park however they have had a D/E ticket closed almost continually for the past 4-5 years for refurbishment so don't be surprised if something is down but that is just luck of the draw.

Disneyland Park is a stunning park and well worth a trip now and then you can look forward to another visit after the WDSP expansion. :)

That's what we were thinking as well. Not too upset about Rat and R&RC; in fact that actually seems to be a good time to go for us, since if they already have those two down, maybe they'll avoid taking down anything else for the time being.

June is a nice time to visit Paris, cant say what will be open or closed but that applies to any park really

Anytime in the summer is nice for Paris itself, the locals decamp to the riviera and the city is less busy and more manageable its my favourite time to visit

Uh-oh, well we might be meeting all the crowds at the Riviera then! :hilarious: We're going to try and see a lot of France while we're there, and while we're not 100% sure what we'll see yet, the Cote d'Azur is high on the list.

fradz

Uh-oh, well we might be meeting all the crowds at the Riviera then! :hilarious: We're going to try and see a lot of France while we're there, and while we're not 100% sure what we'll see yet, the Cote d'Azur is high on the list.
May I ask what are the other items on the list? :) I might help you planning if you'd like!

MarkTwain

Original Poster
May I ask what are the other items on the list? :) I might help you planning if you'd like!

Sure! We're looking at doing a day tour up to Mont Saint Michel, and another around some of the castles of Loire Valley, both probably day trips from Paris through an official tour company. We debated doing the drive ourselves, but we're a bit nervous about driving internationally, navigating French roads without cell data, or even driving a manual (never done it!), so we're thinking we're just going to have to pay more for a tour company.

For Cote d'Azur, we're not sure of the details yet, but we're thinking about doing the usual highlights... Cannes, Nice, Eze, maybe Villefranche. Would three days be enough? We'd like to avoid a car here as well and just stick to trains, but I understand if that's not a reality. Frankly we haven't looked into this leg of the trip much yet. We also debated Monaco but from what I've read it might not be worth the stop? Anywhere else that's a must see?

fradz

Sure! We're looking at doing a day tour up to Mont Saint Michel, and another around some of the castles of Loire Valley, both probably day trips from Paris through an official tour company. We debated doing the drive ourselves, but we're a bit nervous about driving internationally, navigating French roads without cell data, or even driving a manual (never done it!), so we're thinking we're just going to have to pay more for a tour company.
1-day drive from Paris to Mont Saint Michel 4 hours each way, that's a LOT of driving. I understand that driving can be scary, especially within Paris. Afterwards it's very easy (and you can rent automatic cars ;) ). But if you're not comfortable, I don't want to push it onto you.

That being said, my #1 place in France that I really wanna go back right now is Mont Saint Michel, no doubt. Please don't skip it. Cote d'Azur is largely inferior, in my view... If you do decide to rent a car, Saint Malo is extremely close to Mont Saint Michel (less than 1h) and a lovely port-town. While a bit further, Etretat is a personal favorite, I go there regularly; and is a little less than 3hours away from Mont Saint Michel (and around 2h30 from Paris)

For Cote d'Azur, we're not sure of the details yet, but we're thinking about doing the usual highlights... Cannes, Nice, Eze, maybe Villefranche. Would three days be enough? We'd like to avoid a car here as well and just stick to trains, but I understand if that's not a reality. Frankly we haven't looked into this leg of the trip much yet. We also debated Monaco but from what I've read it might not be worth the stop? Anywhere else that's a must see?
I wouldn't do Monaco. I like Menton; Eze is not bad but I've seen better in Italy; Nice is also cool. I don't like Cannes, it's nothing special IMHO. If you want to do some "bling bling", might as well head to Saint Tropez.

For the rest of France... Accessible via trains; I like Champagne (héhé) & Alsace a lot, since it's not far from my place... (I'm Belgian). The rest (which means a lot of things), I'm afraid you have to go for the car.

Also, if you want DLP-specific tips, feel free to ask

Swissmiss

Premium Member
What about September any hiccups with going then? Coming for the half?

Weather is usually fantastic - at worst crisp but not yet cold and sometimes still warm but not hot. By the second week of September school has started everywhere so weekdays are pretty empty but weekends will still be crowded. As an example: Friday morning for the half weekend I had my own boat on Pirates, on Saturday noontime there was a 30 minute wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom