Good rooms at the Contempory?

Lauriebar

A tower room is a must!! They cost a little more but are worth it. Being able to walk out your door and see the monorail sliding through the hotel is great. Also the higher up you are the better your view of either the Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake.

Upvote 0

JoeyJoe

What are the actual rooms like, despite the view?? I never stayed there but heard that they are pretty plain looking, like the rest of the hotel.

Upvote 0

Imagineermole

I would have to say a room facing the Magic Kingdom in the tower so that you could watch hte fireworks from your room and no one is in your way while watching the fireworks. Trust me I have stayed there at least 20 times and have had all the views.:)

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

The rooms are very colorful, lots of bright colors in very geometric designs. They are large rooms. You will have a nice balcony. Kind of reminds you of the Jetsons decor!!:)

The higher up you are (6th floor or higher) the better. Chef Mickey's can be loud but not too bad.

Upvote 0

cm1988

Room noise?

RAMBLER5678 said:
Can you hear a lot of noise in the rooms?
Only if you have noisy people in YOUR room. :lol:
The rooms were constructed as concrete units and slid into place. The result is, they are extremely quiet!

The rooms are also huge, including the bath. Also huge... the 1st floor game room, if you're into that.

And you can walk to the Magic Kingdom, or catch a boat to other 7 Seas Lagoon resorts.

Upvote 0

Moonshadow1

The best rooms are in the tower. As to which side ask yourself what you would rather see. MK side has fireworks from your balcony. Bay lake is not as senic as the mk but you get two perks. First is the rock music that you can hear from your balcony (even on the 12th floor), and second is the humorous entertainment value of watching the watermice drivers (some have never driven a boat before) trying to dock in the narrow docking lane. (We watched some poor tourist try 5 or 6 times before he finely ran the boat so far back he ran it aground.) :p

As for noise in the rooms. Be as high as you can afford. Chef Mickey's is VERY Loud. We stayed on the 12th floor and did not notice the disco music until we left the room. Other noise we did hear were the pitter patter of little feet (no we do not have any children with us), up and down the halls at the ungodly hour of about 7am. Running... up and down the halls.

That being said it is by far our fav. And well worth the money. If you have kids the fireworks from your own private chairs in the pj's and off to bed seems to be a great idea. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Buzzforprez

The rooms are great. Bathrooms are big, at least the ones in the tower are. Separate room for commode, large area by sink to change in. Got to be a tower room, just for the view alone. Park view definitely better. Try to avoid a room on the 1st floor above the monorail (6th?). I remember it being very noisy but that was a long time ago. Years ago, if you watched closely you could discover the code to get to the penthouse areas. Think they use room keys now. :mad: They used to have trays of cookies set up for them as you leave the elevator.

Upvote 0

s25843

Buzzforprez said:
The rooms are great. Bathrooms are big, at least the ones in the tower are. Separate room for commode, large area by sink to change in. Got to be a tower room, just for the view alone. Park view definitely better. Try to avoid a room on the 1st floor above the monorail (6th?). I remember it being very noisy but that was a long time ago. Years ago, if you watched closely you could discover the code to get to the penthouse areas. Think they use room keys now. :mad: They used to have trays of cookies set up for them as you leave the elevator.

Yes, the Tower Club (12th floor) has cookies etc at certain times of the day, and the Suites (14th floor) has constant food all day... Pics are in my album.. You do need your room key to access the floor

Upvote 0

roysta123

I just got back tonight from a 8 night stay in room 7184 at the Contemporary in the North gardem wing. I had a great view of wishes from my patio and was on the first floor only 5 rooms away from the food and fun center. we used the resort mugs at least 10 times a day because it was only a few feet away. I would recommend the north garden wing because it is the cheapest room on the monorail and you get a view of the Magic Kingdom and can walk to it in about 5-10 minutes. it is also close to the pool and is just an elevator ride away from the monorail. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DarkImage4

My wife and I honeymooned in the Contemporary in the summer of 2002. 12 days and 11 nights in the room directly above the monorail station and the Grand Concourse.

Here's where we stayed - My wife standing outside our door

Once you close your door, the only sound you can hear is what is in your room. It was quite amazing leaving every day, and hearing the differnece in sound when we did open the door. Chef Mcikey's NEVER bothered us, and the only thing I'd say we could "sense" was a slight shake in the bathroom when a monorail moved through.

Even from that low balcony, the views were amazing. When we finally get back into some form of financial stability, we want to do the Contemporary again.

We saw this from our balcony - The World's Largest Mickey Mouse Watch

It's was worth every penny!!!

Upvote 0

figmentfan

Contemporary is Great!!!!!!!!!

I stayed in the Tower on the 6th floor. The noise is not that bad. If you are sitting quietly in your room without the TV or radio on, you can hear noise. Plus, on the sixth floor, sometimes you can feel the Monorail pass by. Nothing major. On the Magic Kingdom side of the Tower is the best. You can hear the Train from the Magic Kingdom, and the best view of the fireworks.

Also, if you don't get the Magic Kingdom side of the Tower, on the 4th Floor, there is a Fireworks Overlook. Great view of the fireworks, and they also play the Wishes Soundtrack with the Fireworks show.

Have FUN!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Room #4741 in the tower, 11th floor, MK view. I've stayed in that room in May 2004 and May 2003, and it has an excellent view. The rooms at the Contemporary are very brightly decorated, huge, have huge bathrooms, a great view of the MK or Bay Lake, and are all-around just wonderful. There are some pictures of the room on my website, in the May 2003 folder.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom