Good Places to Eat?

GoofyMike29

What are some of the nicer places to eat.
We already looked into and planned on eating at Wolfgang Puck, and, California Grill
Also, if you have any suggestions, please list the type of food...we are very picky:D

Horizons38

Premium Member
We always liked ( hubby and i ,) the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian Resort. The crab cakes and all the soups are wonderful ! Breakfast is good and they have pretty much the regular fare : sandwiches , salads, and the good stuff for lunch; diner there is great too : steaks, some pasta and those great crab cakes ! :D

Upvote 0

agdbeanie

Mmmm...Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

As for the parks...
In MGM---the 50's Prime Time Cafe is deliscious (try the pot roast) and so is the Brown Derby (try the salmon)

In Epcot---the Chinese restaurant (Nine Dragons) is good and so is the French restaurant (Les Chefs de France).

In the Magic Kingdom---Tony's Town Square is great!!!

In Animal Kingdom---I'm not sure about the nicer restaurants, but the Tusker House Restaurant is really good to me.

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

Alfredo's, at Itlay in EPCOT. Great atmosphere and food.

Spoodles at Boardwalk

Hollywood Brown Derby at MGM

The Crystal Palace at the MK - when it reopens

The Rainforest Cafes at DTD and AK are nice too.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
What are some of the nicer places to eat...
Also, if you have any suggestions, please list the type of food...we are very picky:D

Love the Liberty Tree Tavern in Magic Kingdom: Turkey, ham, flank steak, glazed carrots, dressing, potatoes, salad, macaroni/cheese, etc, etc,etc.

Make sure you check out all the menus before you make plans.

The Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge) was great too!

Upvote 0

Nansafan

I can't believe no one mentioned the Castle. This is always a must-do on our list. We really like a late dinner during fireworks when they turn off the restaurant lights and you can watch the fireworks from the window. Also, The Living Seas at Epcot (actually just about any country at Epcot). Food is such a personal thing. Definitely go to the wdwig website and check out their menus, but remember the menus change. What was at a restaurant last year may not be there this year. Buon appetito!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
My favorites would be Liberty Tree Tavern @ MK, Artists Point @ WL and Chefs de France @ World Showcase.

I would also recommend highly Narcosses's @ GF and Garden Grill @ Land/EPCOT

But then again...most Disney resturants are goot to eat. Heck even Casey's for hot dogs @ MK is good! :slurp:

Upvote 0

BKLMickey

My Wife and I were at MGM-Disney on October 12th and had a better than expected meal ay Mama Melroses. It was not very busy and we received good service. We splt a wood fired pizza with a Caesar salad.:slurp:

Upvote 0

mickeyfanatics

Yes, Mama Melroses had good food and we were able to share a meal and cut the cost. They had an excellent appetizer pizza.

I do not care for eating at Cinderella's Royal Table (Formerly King Stefan's Banquet Hall). It was neat being in the castle, but the food selection was not that great. It was also very high priced.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by mickeyfanatics
Yes, Mama Melroses had good food and we were able to share a meal and cut the cost. They had an excellent appetizer pizza.

I do not care for eating at Cinderella's Royal Table (Formerly King Stefan's Banquet Hall). It was neat being in the castle, but the food selection was not that great. It was also very high priced.

As I said in my posting, food is a very personal thing. We love the castle and you weren't that impressed. I'm from Chicago which has awesome Italian food (as does New York City and Boston) and we weren't thrilled with Mama Melrose's when we went this past summer. My mother always said "a difference of opinion makes for horse races". That's what makes WDW great. There are so many choices, even the pickiest eaters can find something they like somewhere on property.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by GoofyMike29
What are some of the nicer places to eat.
We already looked into and planned on eating at Wolfgang Puck, and, California Grill

Well, it would really depend on what sort of food you prefer....

Can you be more specific than "very picky"? :confused:

Upvote 0

Maria

I can´t believe nobody has mentioned Ohana´s at the Polynesian!

I don´t know how to call this type of food with sweet and spicy flavors, peanut sauce, pinneapple, etc. I would call that kind of flavors, "thai" but I might be making a geographical mistake here... :D

Anyways... it´s an all you can eat, but you don´t have to get up from your table (niiiiiiiice)... they keep bringing the food to you until you say "stop!". Shrimp, salmon, pork and turkey or chicken (not sure of the last ones). Salad to the center of the table with different sauces, and a delicious banana bread made right there in the wood oven in the middle of the restaurant. :slurp:

I just love the place! It also has a nice view of the fireworks at MK.

If you want to get out of "the world", try Bahama Breeze on International Drive for caribbean food in a nice setting!

Two thumbs up for both! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

NoBody

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Nansafan
As I said in my posting, food is a very personal thing. We love the castle and you weren't that impressed. I'm from Chicago which has awesome Italian food (as does New York City and Boston) and we weren't thrilled with Mama Melrose's when we went this past summer. My mother always said "a difference of opinion makes for horse races". That's what makes WDW great. There are so many choices, even the pickiest eaters can find something they like somewhere on property.

That's an excellent point! When you have had the good fortune to experience really good food, then the fare at WDW can be a real let down. But as you pointed out there are a lot of choices and if you avoid the more obvious "tourist traps", there is good food for all in WDW! The only real complaint I have is that WDW seems to have a habit of changing the menu or closing down the restaurants that serve the best food. I'll have to admit that looking for those places is half the fun.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Originally posted by NoBody
That's an excellent point! When you have had the good fortune to experience really good food, then the fare at WDW can be a real let down. But as you pointed out there are a lot of choices and if you avoid the more obvious "tourist traps", there is good food for all in WDW! The only real complaint I have is that WDW seems to have a habit of changing the menu or closing down the restaurants that serve the best food. I'll have to admit that looking for those places is half the fun.

I agree with the comment about menus changing. A staple of every WDW trip was a visit to Tony's Town Square Restaurant. The last time we visited them was Aug. 2000. Because of the vast menu changes, our party of 8 had a difficult time finding something we wanted to eat. I know that they want to keep the restaurants fresh, but changing changing the menus from year to year has caused us to stop visiting some of our past favorites. (i.e. Tony's, Contemporary Steakhouse)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom