Good luck to everyone who applied for the moms panel!

ljs1691

Based on last year's panel, you would need to be a member of a different Disney message board. :shrug: I too hope that one of our own manages to secure a spot.

disneymyway

Original Poster
Oh I really didn't realize! I know a board - are we allowed to mention other boards? Anyway, I know there were winners from that board. But it's a pretty big community. Was it the only one represented?

ljs1691

Why would that be? Just curious...

Many of the current panelists belong to one of the "other" message boards....it is quite curious if you ask me. Not that there is anything wrong with said "other" board. It just seems like we would have had some representation here. That's all really, just an observation.

ljs1691

Oh I really didn't realize! I know a board - are we allowed to mention other boards? Anyway, I know there were winners from that board. But it's a pretty big community. Was it the only one represented?

Oh, I was just making a lighthearted statement. Nothing meant in a negative way. Just making the point that you would have thought as well informed as many members are around here, that at least one person would have come from wdwmagic.

DizneyPryncess

This is probably a stupid question, but this is the first time I've heard of the mom's panel. I checked it out, and it seems to be people who are very helpful with Disney planning. Do you have to be a mom?

I didn't read anything that said you had to be, but they probably wouldn't call it that if they didn't want mothers/fathers. I just ask because I'm not a mom, but would love to be part of a panel that helped people with Disney advice.

disneymyway

Original Poster
This is probably a stupid question, but this is the first time I've heard of the mom's panel. I checked it out, and it seems to be people who are very helpful with Disney planning. Do you have to be a mom?

I didn't read anything that said you had to be, but they probably wouldn't call it that if they didn't want mothers/fathers. I just ask because I'm not a mom, but would love to be part of a panel that helped people with Disney advice.

The rules say that you don't have to be a mom or even a woman. I don't know why they say "mom's" panel, but I remember that not everyone that won last year was a mom. You should try! :)

ljs1691

The rules say that you don't have to be a mom or even a woman. I don't know why they say "mom's" panel, but I remember that not everyone that won last year was a mom. You should try! :)

I completely agree....give it a try. You have nothing to lose. Good Luck!

TAKitty

They are all moms and one dad. They didn't take any "single" people. They are, however, adding more spots this time around.

Disneykidder

The 3 questions, in my opinion, did not truely show off my knowledge of Disney World. I know that no one would apply if they didn't have extensive Disney World knowledge, but I don't think the questions were that great as to weed people out. I did my best...we shall see. It would be cool, though.:)

disneymyway

Original Poster
, but I don't think the questions were that great as to weed people out.

You are so right! Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall listening to whoever was reading them and making decisions?

It was so hard to sound interesting in 100 words or less!!! :ROFLOL: When I think of what I submitted now I feel kind of silly!

DizneyPryncess

Sounds kind of interesting - I'll apply and see what happens, can't hurt. And hey, I have two cats....so I'm kind of a parent :D

Thanks for the info :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom